Carlos' n'Charlies?

frankponcherelo

Hi, we are going on the vision this december and was wondering if any one knew if there is a Carlos'n'Charlies in either Cabo, mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta. We went to Cozumel on our last cruise and I missed going to that one.

Thanks!

We visited Carlos'n'Charlies in Puerto Vallarta. It was located along the shopping strip about a block from Diamonds International. We split a cab with another couple and I think we paid $5 and they paid $5-probably too much but we weren't big on haggling. At Carlos'n'Charlies they came around with a digital camera and took our photo and then offered us a souvenir photo in a folder for $8 US which we bought. When we got off the boat someone handed us a coupon sheet that had 10% off at Carlos'n'Charlies which was nice.

BTW-on a side note we were on the Vision this past May and it was beautiful, you will have a wonderful time!!!

My husband was not too found of the buffalo wings or ribs at Carlos 'n' Charlies, he said their BBQ sauce was not what he was used to in the US-too sweet.

CnC is located about a third of the way down the Malecon.

There are two type of taxis in PV. Federal (white) taxis operate out of the airport and the marine terminal (cruise ship dock) and are VERY EXPENSIVE. City taxis (yellow) operate troughout the rest of PV. Exit the port and walk a short block away to the main drag that goes South to downtown/ North to the marina. City taxis are price regulated on a zone system and charge by the taxis load (typically 1-4 people). The cost to the start of the Malecon should be $4.50; all the way to the far end of Zona Romantica South of the river should be $6-$7.

My June PV newsletter just announced that the price for a ride on the city bus system has gone up a half peso to a staggering 4.5 pesos (about 42 cents) and also said select taxis fares may have been raised too.

Taxi problems in PV are rare but it always helps to ask before you get into the taxi so there is no missunderstanding when you get to your destination.

Just tell the taxi driver that you want Carlos n' Charlies on the Malecon.

Archived