Gatun Locks By Taxi From Colon??

katmich12

At the mall that is adjacent to where the ship docks there was a taxi dispatcher that will set you up with a cab. Just agree on what you want and price beforehand.... you may also ensure the cabbie's English skills. There really is not a tour of the Locks per se, but an observation platform with someone to provide a narration of the operation, as well as some machinery/equipment displays.

• 1 month later...

Yes, you can get a taxi van that could hold 6-8 people.

We went to Gatun locks as part of a private tour day we had arranged before hand.

I suggest you get off ship and get to the Gatun Locks before the ship tour buses get there. It is about a 1/2 hour drive. There is bleecher type seating right up close to the locks. There was a canal employee that gave a great narration as we watched a container ship from Japan go through the locks. The woman also answered any questions we had.

There is a small gift shop and nice restrooms.

I loves seeing the locks working from the land side, and the next day I was on the ship going through the full transit.

Love the Panama canal, a true wonder of the world.

We'd be interested in Sharing a Taxi. Meet over breakfast, cabin 9191

I think it's great that you're posting. I just want you to be aware that you should post on a roll call to meet people to go to the locks. Posting here doesn't let people know what ship you're on

• 1 month later...

Archived