Carnival Sunshine - First look!

hooforce

The new waterworks looks way cool...and fun! The whole ship looks really nice. I noticed one other thing that I hope Carnival implements across their fleet...and that is sliding balcony doors! Ahhh! I can hear the quiet opening and closing of the doors already! ;)

sliding balcony doors would be awesome!! overall the Sunshine looks great. still don't like how they adding more cabins though. just means the ship will be even more crowded. I have to wonder if this is successful, if the Victory & Triumph will be next.

sliding balcony doors would be awesome!! overall the Sunshine looks great. still don't like how they adding more cabins though. just means the ship will be even more crowded. I have to wonder if this is successful, if the Victory & Triumph will be next.

I agree about crowded ship. We were on Jan21 cruise on Destiny that took 36 hrs to meander to Key West. There were not enough loungers for maybe a third of people searching for one. This included Lido as well as deck 10. Of course there were no chairs out on Deck 11 aft so some people were trying to carry them up the steps.

They would need to cut ship in half and add more Lido space once bars take over Lido deck.

Not for me!!! No plans to sail on this ship

I think it all looks really nice. I like the 3 story Serenity deck and I like how it has a whole shaded area.

I am worried, though, that it will be super crowded. I guess we will wait and see. I don't have plans on going on it anytime soon.

And I think the sun thing in the atrium is kind of ugly.

Maggie

I like the looks of it! Very tempted to book our next cruise on Sunshine, however, I want to see how Carnival works for my family... our first cruise with them is in one month on the Breeze. We may be fans, maybe not....

If you book a cruise while on a cruise you can get an onboard credit. Not a bad deal for a little planning ahead. So if you like your Breeze cruise, why not?

I'm planning on booking a futrue cruise when on our Carnival Elation cruise next week. :)

I think it all looks really nice. I like the 3 story Serenity deck and I like how it has a whole shaded area.

I am worried, though, that it will be super crowded. I guess we will wait and see. I don't have plans on going on it anytime soon.

And I think the sun thing in the atrium is kind of ugly.

Maggie

Looks like the serenity deck opens into the main lido pool area and faces the big screen. I'm not sure how "serene" that's going to be.

If you book a cruise while on a cruise you can get an onboard credit. Not a bad deal for a little planning ahead. So if you like your Breeze cruise, why not?

I'm planning on booking a futrue cruise when on our Carnival Elation cruise next week. :)

Yep, that's kinda what I'm thinking! Quick question though: If I book while on board, do the OBC's have an expiration date?

I am so excited about this ship, but I am a little concerned about free eating venues.

Is it just me or does it look like the Lido buffet area seems to have been replaced with several different specialty restaurants??

I know Guy's Burgers is free as well as the Mexican Blue Iguana Cantina and the pizzeria, but is that it for Lido deck free food?? I do not see the buffets that I am used to at all..

What about cucina del capitano, the Havana bar, and the Asian Kitchen, will those have surcharges?

Please someone tell me I'm worrying over nothing!

I am so excited about this ship, but I am a little concerned about free eating venues.

Is it just me or does it look like the Lido buffet area seems to have been replaced with several different specialty restaurants??

I know Guy's Burgers is free as well as the Mexican Blue Iguana Cantina and the pizzeria, but is that it for Lido deck free food?? I do not see the buffets that I am used to at all..

What about cucina del capitano, the Havana bar, and the Asian Kitchen, will those have surcharges?

Please someone tell me I'm worrying over nothing!

There will certainly be buffet areas. Comfort Kitchen is a buffet and there will be more.

Cucina is a free pasta bar for lunch and a pay restaurant by night. Havana Bar has free appetizers. Asian Kitchen is a free Mongolian Wok like place at lunch and pay at night.

You are worrying over nothing.

There will certainly be buffet areas. Comfort Kitchen is a buffet and there will be more.

Cucina is a free pasta bar for lunch and a pay restaurant by night. Havana Bar has free appetizers. Asian Kitchen is a free Mongolian Wok like place at lunch and pay at night.

You are worrying over nothing.

Thank you, you have eased my mind:) Sometimes I get myself so freaked out over silly little things.

BTW, I really enjoyed your recent review and your Guy's Burger pictures seriously made my mouth water. Can't wait to try them on my upcoming Glory cruise.

Archived