Lunch on Embarkation Day

Thanks so much Ocean Boy for your quick response.

We are sooooooo excited about this cruise and ship. Cabin 7688 just became available and we managed to book it so we are HAPPY!!!!!

Is the MDR open for lunch ONLY on a sea day? I think I may have read that but I am not sure.

Thanks so much,

Not sure they have it, but traditionally, the ship will serve honey strung chicken (I think that is what it is called) in the windjammer on the first day- and only the first day! So, you need to try it, because you won't get another chance.

Not sure they have it, but traditionally, the ship will serve honey strung chicken (I think that is what it is called) in the windjammer on the first day- and only the first day! So, you need to try it, because you won't get another chance.

I think it's on the room service menu now :rolleyes:

I think I remember seeing it on the room service menu also last month on the Explorer. Only served in the Windjammer on the first day.

We are sooooooo excited about this cruise and ship. Cabin 7688 just became available and we managed to book it so we are HAPPY!!!!!

Is the MDR open for lunch ONLY on a sea day? I think I may have read that but I am not sure.

Thanks so much,

You will LOVE 7688. That was our first cabin, our second cabin, and our third cabin. :)

And yes, the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

Honey stung chicken.

Thanks everyone for your input :)

ckrobyn and fellow Torontonian :) I work for a school board so I can only take time off during March break (Only 4 more school years after this one, only 4 more school years after this one LOL) Thanks for that amazing thread on AOS. We have really enjoyed reading all the posts on the active thread!!

TSC--Thanks for the tip on Honey Stung Chicken :) I will certainly add that to our TO DO list!!

angls2u--We are on the March 10th sailing :)

Merion_Mom--We are soooooooo excited about our cabin. It actually became available a short time ago. We had a hump cabin booked and then when 7688 became available, we snagged it :)

One more question: Where and when can we get the ice show tickets.

Thanks again everyone :)

Teri

...One more question: Where and when can we get the ice show tickets....

Ice Show tickets are usually distributed in Studio B, deck 3. The Cruise Director will announce the time and place. It will also be announced in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule).

Thanks everyone for your input :)

ckrobyn and fellow Torontonian :) I work for a school board so I can only take time off during March break (Only 4 more school years after this one, only 4 more school years after this one LOL) Thanks for that amazing thread on AOS. We have really enjoyed reading all the posts on the active thread!!

TSC--Thanks for the tip on Honey Stung Chicken :) I will certainly add that to our TO DO list!!

angls2u--We are on the March 10th sailing :)

Merion_Mom--We are soooooooo excited about our cabin. It actually became available a short time ago. We had a hump cabin booked and then when 7688 became available, we snagged it :)

One more question: Where and when can we get the ice show tickets.

Thanks again everyone :)

Teri

Glad you are enjoying the AOS thread!!! There is a lot of AOS love over there!

Are you Toronto or Separate board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much,

Wow you snagged that room what a find we had 7388 twice in 07 and 08 its the mirror image room. You will love it. Have a great cruise we are on the April 7th cruise . Our favorite thing is to head to the Royal Promenade for Lunch not a lot of people know about it they have sandwiches and pizza and amazing cookies :D We just hang there until our rooms are ready.

We tried something different than our usual Windjammer routine last year at suggestion of a M&M group member. Rather than the crush of people in WJ we staked out a table at Promenade Cafe and got sandwiches and salads there and I made a beer run to the Pub across the way. Then we sat back and people watched as the crowd came aboard. Before we knew it it was time to go to cabin.

MDR for lunch on sea days is a special bonus for long trans-Atlantic itineraries. Lots of sea days.

Hi again everyone :)

Port Boy--I am certain I won't go hungry :lol I just LOVE the MDR and Tutti Salad :)

clarea--Thanks I didn't know if we could pick them up on the first day but I will keep a look out :)

ckrobyn--I work for the Toronto Catholic Board!! Crazy times in Education these days in Ontario :(

NorbertsNiece--Thanks I will take a look :)

frito58--We are sooooooo EXCITED!!! The cabin came available just recently and I was on it right away :lol

fritos58, Sequim88 and mtu_huskies--We will definitely check out the Promenade Cafe the first day and DH will appreciate the beers LOL

Thanks for all your input. We really do appreciate it.

Archived