Going to Samana and doing Tours with Terry??

MS52

This is a shot in the dark but here goes.......

I'm looking for someone:

1) who lives fairly close to me (within 2 hours of Central PA)

2) who is doing a Tour with Terry in Samana

3) who would be willing to take a box of school supplies to drop off in Samana

We are a group of ten who were in Samana in January and booked a tour with Terry the day before we left Baltimore. We're all involved in education - either retired teachers or still working in the field.

We loved the country and the people. One of our regrets was booking at the last minute and not reading his website where he stated we could drop off school supplies. The people of Samana have very little and we'd like to help support the schools.

We have contacted him since about donating supplies and he told us it is incredibly expensive to ship to the DR (about $5 per pound) and suggested we find someone who is coming to the area.

I'll do the shopping and packing up of supplies. I will drop them off at your house or meet you at a mutual convenient site. You get to take them along and meet the school kids. Please let me know if you're interested.

You can reach me at mbshirk at ship dot edu

Thanks.......Enjoy Samana. It will be awesome!!!!

(we did the low impact tour #5 which was fantastic)

Maryann :o

• 4 weeks later...

We live in Western PA - north of Pittsburgh. We have a tour with Terry planned for our April cruise. I suggested to our group of 20 to all bring along some school supplies to give to the schools - hopefully, they're open the day we go.

Not sure how big or heavy your package would be and if it would fit in our luggage (or if we even qualify for the 2 hour distance...).

If you think we should pursue this conversation, I can email you.

We live in Western PA - north of Pittsburgh. We have a tour with Terry planned for our April cruise. I suggested to our group of 20 to all bring along some school supplies to give to the schools - hopefully, they're open the day we go.

Not sure how big or heavy your package would be and if it would fit in our luggage (or if we even qualify for the 2 hour distance...).

If you think we should pursue this conversation, I can email you.

Laura,

We're about 3 hours away BUT one of our group just purchased a condo in Pittsburgh and is usually there every week. I'll contact her. My email is maryannshirk at yahoo dot com

Which tour are you doing with Terry? We just loved the country and people.

Please send me an email and maybe we can work this out.

thanks so much.

Maryann

We will be travelling thru Scranton, Stroudsburg area next Sunday to go on the Gem out of NYC on the 4th We take 81 south to 380 east. Is this near you?

Cusegirl315,

Not too close - probably about three hours away but thanks so much for checking. Have fun in the DR.

Maryann

• 1 month later...
Laura,

We are also on your cruise in April and want to book with Terry. What tour are you doing?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike--join us on our roll call. We are doing a group tour with Terry [#5] We have 46 members of our roll call going.

Here is a description:

Tour Samana with Terry-- Tour #5 in Samana, DR: [also Zip-line Tour]

Our Roll Call group will be on The Low Impact Cultural Tour-- #5 which is $65 per person. This included lunch and a cooler with drinks. If you want to do the Zip Line tour instead of the #5, they can service those folks from the same truck or trucks. If there are some people that want to watch the people do the Zip Line and then continue on their tour, they can also do that. [Those who don’t want to watch the Zip Liners will visit a hand rolled cigar shop while the truck then drops off the Zippers. Then the truck comes back to get them at the cigar shop and the 2 groups, Zippers and Low Impact, meet up at the waterfalls. From there, both groups do the same tour, eat lunch and have the culture stop’s in common. Zip Line tour is $90 per person.

Some of us have inquired about bringing some supplies or gear for a school. This is optional and will not impact the duration of the tour or stops.

We meet on the tender dock at 10am. You pay for the tour on the dock in cash—US dollars. Terry’s vehicles hold from 14-30 passengers, so we will be in a couple of vehicles.

Here is our roll call link. We have a very active roll call and have planned several things--you can choose to do them or not.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1637175

Laura,

We are also on your cruise in April and want to book with Terry. What tour are you doing?

Thanks,

Mike

yes, join us Mike!

Dragon of the Seas is a very good organizer and has a lot of information to share. (thanks for jumping in there Agnes!)

Archived