This is what my silly husband wants to bring onboard

2Oregonians

It's actually not a bad idea. I have back issues and I have to say it's much easier to get off a bar stool than out of a chair. I too can gaze at the ocean for extended periods of time, that is why I take cruises, certainly not to hang out indoors, that's why those mega ships with boardwalks and malls do nothing for me. If I wanted to go to the mall, I may as well stay in my hometown:D

Thanks so much everyone!!

The thing about getting something to make him sit higher in the existing balcony chairs is this ... He wants to sit AT the rail. He'll put the chair sideways and lean his elbow against the rail. He wants to be right out front of the balcony in order to see everything. He'll have binoculars and will want to lean on that rail. Picture someone sitting at a bar. If any of that makes sense... that's what he wants. Not to just sit higher in a chair that sits back away from the edge... he wants to be AT the edge. And sitting lower in order to see through the glass isn't an option.

I loved the idea of the director's chair! Looks way more comfortable! I told him about that and he said he had actually thought of it, but thinks they'd be a little bulkier and heavier to carry on. I'm not sure. We're going to go to Ikea this weekend to look at some options. He's really serious about this!!

So from what most of you said, it doesn't sound like he'll have a problem bringing these onboard. If someone brought a beer pong table, then a folding chair should be no big deal!!

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the great ideas everyone!! :)

Thank you. Those looked great when I opened the links, but they are only 17.5" and 19" high. (The seat) He wants 30". I got excited there for a minute though!! They're great because they fold up "to the size of a folded newspaper". Oh well...

I don't think your husband is nuts. I also love to sit on the balcony and just BE with the ocean. NCL doesn't have problems with folks bringing folding beach chairs so I don't see why they'd have a problem with something like that.

We brought a large beach umbrella last February and just slapped a luggage tag on it. They delivered it to the room without a problem.

I know exactly how your husband feels, as I do the same thing. Must be a guy thing. :)

What I have found to work well is to ask the Steward for a lounger. It drops you down a couple of inches so you can see below the railing with no problem. It does however really fill up the space on the balcony.

HEY, I'm not a guy and I love to just sit out there! :D I asked for a lounger and they told me they couldn't let me have one.

Due to the height of his chairs they may feel its too dangerous to allow them on board

I think this makes no sense at all. How can anyone think they are dangerous, since they have no idea when or where he will use them? They could very well be for excursions. Is NCL going to think they will be dangerous on the beach? Or at a local pub?

When I first saw the title to your post I immediately though this is what your hubby wanted to bring onboard. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00602564000P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kispla=00602564000P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-112036674-2

Oh that's too funny!! Truth be told, he has often joked that he wants an aft balcony so he can fish the whole trip!!

Archived