bugs on the Nieuw Amsterdam

sun~

• 2 months later...

Was gonna tell you this was a couple of months old, until I read the HAL Lines overall reports:)

Thank you for reviving this one!! It is great to see Zuiderdam getting a 97 and the things that were deficienies are so minor as a piece of folded paper could be put between something and/or the Manufacturer's web site did not have a whatever....All little things that have been rectified:)

So I have to say this:

LOVE-It-Button.jpg.669b672534dc4b7d98b2d7a5980c64ad.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: I know the thread was/is about the Nieuw Amsterdam, but since I'll be on Zuiderdam in a few days.........:)

Joanie

'On the evening of the first sea day I got several bug bites, one of which made me jump. We were at dinner in the Pinnacle (Ruru and Uri's section) and I got red welts. The bites were on my arms, chest and one on my leg. I know I startled the others at the table when I jumped!'

The bugs are in the chairs in the Pinnacle..

'On the evening of the first sea day I got several bug bites, one of which made me jump. We were at dinner in the Pinnacle (Ruru and Uri's section) and I got red welts. The bites were on my arms, chest and one on my leg. I know I startled the others at the table when I jumped!'

We had bugs bites on the RCCL, and Solstice. If you go to the beach and lay in the sand you are likely going to get bit. Many people do not rinse off when they come back to the ship and bugs will travel with people.

Sir Pmp, when you are copying and Quoting another Poster, I thought that it was generally by doing a Quote of the poster and/or by Putting Quoite Marks ...i.e.." " before and after their quoted remarks:confused: However, your quotes ' ' make it appear as if you are speaking first hand........ ARE YOU??

Joanie

Was gonna tell you this was a couple of months old, until I read the HAL Lines overall reports:)

Thank you for reviving this one!! It is great to see Zuiderdam getting a 97 and the things that were deficienies are so minor as a piece of folded paper could be put between something and/or the Manufacturer's web site did not have a whatever....All little things that have been rectified:)

So I have to say this:

[ATTACH]268765[/ATTACH]

EDITED TO ADD: I know the thread was/is about the Nieuw Amsterdam, but since I'll be on Zuiderdam in a few days.........:)

Joanie

In most recent reports, HA has 4 ships on the 100 list. Carnival Corp takes 19 out of the 29 ships with 100 CDC scores. The Eurodam in all CDC inspections never got below a 95. The Eurodam received five inspections scores of 100. Overall they are doing better than their competitors.

http://wwwn.cdc.gov/InspectionQueryTool/InspectionScoresAll.aspx?ColV=MTExMDQwMTc%3d-LcgoXDp6Ek4%3d

Sir Pmp, when you are copying and Quoting another Poster, I thought that it was generally by doing a Quote of the poster and/or by Putting Quoite Marks ...i.e.." " before and after their quoted remarks:confused: However, your quotes ' ' make it appear as if you are speaking first hand........ ARE YOU??

Joanie

No I quoted a part from the original poster, nxt time I'll use " ....sorry

It is sad. I know elderly folk probably don't notice the dirty furniture or carpets. They were pretty evident.

Surelyyyyyyyyyy .... you didn't actually say that????? :confused::confused:

And you expect anyone to take you seriously????

................ wow ....................... :eek::eek:

Boy oh boy, now we have CCers correcting how others make their posts. I thought there was a rule about that.

I agree with IRL Joanie. Sir PMPs post #79 looks like he is making the statement when in fact he is quoting another poster.

No once did I say folks didn't work hard. I just don't think they keep HAL ships in great shape. It is sad. I know elderly folk probably don't notice the dirty furniture or carpets. They were pretty evident.

I can't believe that someone on CC could be so biased!

Guess you know this to be true because you deal with ELDERLY folk every day & this is your impression of them!

Shame on you!

I agree with IRL Joanie. Sir PMPs post #79 looks like he is making the statement when in fact he is quoting another poster.

I agree with IRL Joanie too. The last thing we want on CC are misleading posts.

How many of us here have been bitten by an insect in our own homes?

Are there any of us who never got a bug bite in and/or about our houses?

Surely everyone has suffered a mosquito bite, a bee sting, noSeeUms, even a spider bite? No?

Thankfully, OP seems to have suffered no permanent harm and nothing more than any of us can suffer most anywhere in a warm/humid climate.

I'm sitting here scratching my ankle, because a BUG bit me...Now I have a welt to prove it! Horrors!! :eek::eek: Guess us ELDERLY folks just don't see the dirt even though we clean constantly...

I vividly recall being bitten in my ear lobe by a bee while I was sleeping in my own bed at home. It was July 4th, a Sunday, and luckily for me my dermatologist came to his office and took out the stinger which was left in there.I was due to leave for the Caribbean on a land trip the next day so I was very grateful to him since it was hurting.

The day we moved into our house up north, I made sandwiches & took them outside for DH, one of our Friends & me..It was such a lovely day & I thought it would be nice to eat at our very own brand new picnic table..I picked up my sandwich without & looking bit into it & was stung on my tongue by a bee..As my tongue was swelling up DH & my Friend started to laugh!! I could have killed them.. :eek::eek:

Suggest the OP never move to Florida, as it's very buggy down here..

See you later folks, as have to prepare to feed the bugs, err the dogs & DH..

Cheers...Betty

I can't believe that someone on CC could be so biased!

Guess you know this to be true because you deal with ELDERLY folk every day & this is your impression of them!

Shame on you!

Yes, a matter of fact I deal with elderly folks on a regular basis. I am a realtor, I am in anywhere from 10 to 40 homes in a week. I see people's homes first hand. I am their to either show their home to buyers or to list their home or do do an evaluation. I poke around everywhere. Unfortunately, many older folks may be tidy, but not clean.

Please note that I am in Ottawa. It is a very middle class city. We don't have the poverty like many other cities. I am talking about nice homes in nice neighbourhoods. My niche is between $400,000 to $1.5m homes. I see how folks live. One of the services that I do for my clients is that I have a cleaning lady in before the first open house. I started doing this for very reason of "tidy but not clean homes". I KNOW many old folks just don't see the dirt.

And to the poster who mentioned the bugs from the beach. We were at the Pinnacle at the first SEA DAY, no beach in sight, we were not wearing beach wear. The bugs may have been bed bugs, I don't know. They should have taken it seriously though.

Yes, a matter of fact I deal with elderly folks on a regular basis. I am a realtor, I am in anywhere from 10 to 40 homes in a week. I see people's homes first hand. I am their to either show their home to buyers or to list their home or do do an evaluation. I poke around everywhere. Unfortunately, many older folks may be tidy, but not clean.

Please note that I am in Ottawa. It is a very middle class city. We don't have the poverty like many other cities. I am talking about nice homes in nice neighbourhoods. My niche is between $400,000 to $1.5m homes. I see how folks live. One of the services that I do for my clients is that I have a cleaning lady in before the first open house. I started doing this for very reason of "tidy but not clean homes". I KNOW many old folks just don't see the dirt.

And to the poster who mentioned the bugs from the beach. We were at the Pinnacle at the first SEA DAY, no beach in sight, we were not wearing beach wear. The bugs may have been bed bugs, I don't know. They should have taken it seriously though.

At what age will I be what you consider to be elderly? I want to know when my house will be considered neat but dirty.

I know anyone who told me they had to bring in an outside cleaning lady before they showed my house would be out the door so fast it would make their head spin.

Wow! Some people are really sensitive to age. I'm 62 and I know my house isn't as clean as it used to be. I'm too tired to clean the way I used to. :rolleyes:

Good point, but that doesn't mean people don't see it, even if they can't clean it. My 93 MIL gets frustrated when her place isn't how she likes it and she can't clean it.

At what age will I be what you consider to be elderly? I want to know when my house will be considered neat but dirty.

I know anyone who told me they had to bring in an outside cleaning lady before they showed my house would be out the door so fast it would make their head spin.

Well at least you'd be getting something TANGIBLE for the commission you'd pay :rolleyes: ;)

I'm in many peoples' homes every week. Age of owner has nothing to do with cleanliness or lack thereof.

To the OP - Sorry you did not enjoy your cruise in February. As your "bites" did not occur in bed, I'm not sure I understand why you have always insisted they were bed bug bites. If your "red welts" happened while in the Pinnacle, have you considered it might have been an allergic reaction to something you ate? An unusual spice perhaps? My DH gets big red welts if he happens to unknowingly eat anything with fennel in it.

Did you enjoy the Blues Cruise? Was your cabin satisfactory? I have to second what the others have said about cleaning on HAL ships. I continue to be amazed at the continuous cleaning that goes on day and night while I am cruising.

Were you successful in contacting someone from HAL about your red welts? I'm assuming you were looking for compensation for your "event." Were you successful?

I hope your next cruise is on a ship more to your liking.

LOVE-It-Button.jpg.a3fbd7dc5fd2a2c1591e591cf7bb948d.jpg

Above button says it all for me:)

Joanie

Is it possible that younger people experience hallucinations, DT's or whatever and see things that aren't there? I have read about people in withdrawal who feel as though they have bugs crawling all over themselves......

This thread is absolutely crazy. I live on the beach and believe me there are OODLES of bugs, near the water and bites can happen. Some of these threads seem to tak on a life of their own.

I would suggest if the OP is so concerned about the cleanliness of HAL she/he cruise with one of the many other lines that they prefer.

Archived