NEX users - Deal Alert!

pierces

B&H Photo is offering the Sigma 30mmf/2.8 and 19mm f/2.8 at $199 for the pair.

Sigma has announced their improved replacements due out this spring but I own both and can vouch for the image quality of the current models. Even though they are both within the range of the kit lenses, the wider aperture and sharpness makes them a great choice when you are doing landscapes, interiors (19mm) or portraits (30mm) and don't need the versatility of the zoom.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/913513-REG/Sigma__19mm_f_2_8_DN_f_SONY.html

Dave

Thanks for the information.

I just picked up the 16-50mm zoom. Can you believe it is a powered-zoom?

Let me know how you like it. I love the compact size but I'm waffling about it since it is A) Powered and B) Similar IQ to the regular kit. I find myself using the two Sigmas more and more when I'm out on a photo hunt. The zoom is good for family events and surprises while out and about but since the kit is nowhere near as good as the 16-50 f/2.8 on the Alpha, I seem to be gravitating to primes on the NEX.

There's a firmware update to the NEX-7 due in a couple of days that is supposed to improve start-up and shut-down speed with the 16-50. Keep me posted.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the update. Have the Sigma 30mm and love it, also have the Sony 16mm 2.8 that served me well on our last cruise. Now Sony needs 300mm for the NEX. Glad I have the NEX-7 and 5N to handel my collection for NEX lens.

Thanks Tom :cool:

Let me know how you like (the 16-50mm).

Dave

Why the 16mm-50mm replacing the 18mm-55mm kit lens?

It was the 2mm! (24mm as oppose to 27/28mm).

Will probably take advantage of the same as I noticed there is a rattling sound in my 30mm which does not seem to have affected photographs but don't want to take the chance!

Yes , I hope Sony or Sigma (or anyone else!) will get out a long zoom!

Why the 16mm-50mm replacing the 18mm-55mm kit lens?

It was the 2mm! (24mm as oppose to 27/28mm).

Will probably take advantage of the same as I noticed there is a rattling sound in my 30mm which does not seem to have affected photographs but don't want to take the chance!

Yes , I hope Sony or Sigma (or anyone else!) will get out a long zoom!

Maybe I'll just save the 16-50 money for a 10-18! It's getting pretty good reviews ans is bound to be less expensive than the Zeiss 12mm due out later this year.

Dave

Sony has announced a series of firmware updates for its NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5R, NEX-5N mirrorless APS-C cameras and two E-mount lenses. Version 1.02 for both NEX-7 and 5N adds automatic lens correction with the 16-50mm E mount lens, as well as a number of other improvements and bugs fixes. Firmware v1.01 for NEX-6 and 5R provides Fast Hybrid AF support with multiple E-mount lenses. Owners of NEX-6 and 5R cameras who use the 50mm f/1.8 or 30mm f/3.5 E mount lenses must first update the latest lens firmware that adds the Fast Hybrid AF capability.

Tom :cool:

Archived