Faerwell, Monarch of the Seas! Favorite memories...

My favorite part was the staff. Great staff. We had some excellent service and Drew Devine was really good. That's coming from someone who doesn't really pay much attention to CD.

We saw Drew on the Monarch last year. We just cruised on Freedom last week and were surprised to find Drew there as Cruise Director. I guess they are starting to move the crew around to new assignments.

Awww! Great memories! Thank you! Those are such sweet memories, and that's just what I want for Monarch's farewell video! So sorry about your mom! I'm glad she got to enjoy a cruise, though.

Thanks for helping!

Emma

Thanks, Emma.

Another memory: Mom and I placed first and second in the Sudoku contest. We were the only two to show up! LOL! She loved telling people we placed first and second. It only took my dad a moment to ask how many had entered. Good times. :)

Grandeur sails out of Panama (Colon?) in the winter and does Europe in the summer.

RCI is discontinuing sailings out of Panama winter 2014.

We got off Vision last week and were told by the future cruise booker, and the captain during his chat that SHE is going to be based out of Colon after the refit inOctober.

I am really looking forward to that Monarch video. She has an absolutely wonderful crew, who cares about the small cabins ? They seemed fine to me, after all it was my very first cruise!

And that is why Monarch, beautiful ship that she is , will always have a special place in my heart. That first cruise is what turned me from being anti-cruise into a cruise addict !

I am not sure how Enchantment, or any other ship , can fill that role of entry level cruising, as the prices on the 4 day have gone up . What a wonderful introduction to a wonderful way of travel, thank you Monarch of the Seas!

This is a great post, but I was saddened to see she is leaving RCCL. :( I have fond memories because my husband and I spent half of our honeymoon on MOS in July of 1994! The second week we spent on St. Marten.

I concur the staff was one of the best, from what I remember. We have been on approximately 7 RCCL cruises....and I beleive the quality all around was much better back then. Remember when there was a midnight buffet every night! And unlimited lobster for formal nights. Ahhhh those were the days.

I remember making friends with the dancers and hanging out with them late into the evening. And of course our own "special" memories of our honeymoon cruise. We sat at a table of all honeymooners and had so much fun at dinner and meeting up for drinks before and after.

I for sure will miss her, but its nice taking a stroll down memory lane.

I do not have any fond memories of the Monarch, well at least not yet, but plan on making great memories of her on February 25. I am so excited for my sister, this is her first (hopefully not her last) cruise and it is so fun hearing the excitement in her voice and seeing the excitement in her face. :)

Archived