Constellation - Aqua Class or Oceanview?

emilee

Depends on what you want AQ for? If it is only for Blu then you could use that money to dine in the specialty restuarants, If it is for the Persian Gardens forget it, the place is like a dungeon.

If you want the 1,2,3 then make sure that the ocean view qualifies.

If you want it for the balcony then look at a lower priced balcony.

We sailed on the Summit in AQ. The only perks for AQ that was worth it was Blu. The AQ on the M class is not the same as on the S class. The balconies aren't as deep so you don't have the foot stools. You do get the shower panel but the cabins aren't as nice as on the S class. With the bev package you don't need the bubbly bottle of wine. Take your own binoculars, and umbrella. Fruit is available in the buffet or room service and get your canapés from the buffet or Coffee Cafe. Who notices the flower? The water and flavored water in the pitcher isn't needed with the drink package either. Take your own room fragrance if you feel that you need that. Take your own robe or if space does not allow it buy a cheap one once there and then leave it.

For $250 extra per day you can buy a lot of nice extra perks that are worth something besides a lot of the fluff in AQ.

If you are only trying to decide between AQ and Ocean view then I'd say save the $3,000. Just curious what the difference is between a veranda, CC and the AQ?

We love AQ but would not shell out over $200/pp/day extra for it.

If it was a Solstice class, it might be worth it, but not on the Constellation. Agreed you can spend your money elsewhere -- eating at the nicer restaurants, buy the more expensive wine or cocktails, get a massage or three or four :D

Lsimon, AQ is around 4,000, CC is 3,800 to $4,200 and Veranda $3,700. OV is $2,400 to $2,700. Quite the range. Thanks everyone for your input. Think we will go with Oceanview and spend the difference elsewhere. The AQ are new to the Constellation in April so the rooms will be fresh but it is not sounding worthwhile.

Lsimon, AQ is around 4,000, CC is 3,800 to $4,200 and Veranda $3,700. OV is $2,400 to $2,700. Quite the range. Thanks everyone for your input. Think we will go with Oceanview and spend the difference elsewhere. The AQ are new to the Constellation in April so the rooms will be fresh but it is not sounding worthwhile.

Personally, we really enjoy having a veranda and if we were going for a veranda on the Constellation I'd go for the CC or AQ. I'm not sure what I'd do in your situation as $8K (assuming the prices are per person) for a veranda , or $5K for an OS, is pretty expensive - I'm not sure I'd take the cruise at that price. If I did it would be a tough choice to stick with a veranda cabin or save the $$ and take an OS (which we've not sailed in before).

May not be true. If you get a new cabin on the upper deck it will be new. We were on the Summit shortly after the "refurb" in a AQ cabin on deck 9. From what we could determine all they did was add the shower panel. Nothing else in the cabin appeared new.

The Cabins on deck 11 are new and so are the cabins on deck 3 (3112-3144 even numbers)- Infinity, Summit and Millenium. Not sure when Connie is supposed to be refurbished.

If the OP has an option of booking AQ on the Constellation then, clearly, it will be before their cruise! The Connie doesn't have any AQ cabins right now.

Archived