Fresh milk for my tea in fridge

jewels07

We are sailing on 20 July Pride of America round the Hawaiian islands. Does anyone know if i can get fresh milk in the fridge for my morning tea?

Sorry, but as a Brit I need my Earl Grey first thing.

Oh and another thing...do American ships have Earl Grey tea on board, or should I bring enough for the entire holiday?

Now someone's going to tell me I can bring my own teabags, but I have to pay NCL to be able to use them?

We are sailing on 20 July Pride of America round the Hawaiian islands. Does anyone know if i can get fresh milk in the fridge for my morning tea?

Sorry, but as a Brit I need my Earl Grey first thing.

Oh and another thing...do American ships have Earl Grey tea on board, or should I bring enough for the entire holiday?

Now someone's going to tell me I can bring my own teabags, but I have to pay NCL to be able to use them?

Yes, you can have fresh milk in the fridge, easiest way of accomplishing this is to get the milk your self from the buffet. I usually have an emergency ration of cereals and a small carton of milk in my cabin on every cruise. :)

I too drink Earl Gray if I can choose but it's been hit-or-miss, but you could probably get some after asking. I don't think that there would be problems if you brought your own onboard either. I'd probably buy them from a grocery store just before departure so you have sealed package from US - just to be on the safe side. :)

Bacon - Americans do not seem to understand proper bacon. They take streaky and cremate it - NCL do seem to have back bacon in the buffet however.

Now I come to think of it - not sure whether Marmite exists on board either...

(sorry if you are a vegetarian or a Marmite hater) ;)

If you have trouble finding milk on the buffet, go check the children's buffet area. They sometimes only put the cartons over there at times other than breakfast.

You can also ask one of the buffet attendants and they'll find a carton of milk for you.

I'm certain that NCL will have no problem with you bringing your own tea since you might find the American tea on board to be a bit, well, weak. NCL only has a problem with you bringing alcoholic drinks on board.

You will have no problem getting fresh milk for your room, either from room service or the buffet. The problem will be the hot water. The room will have a coffee maker, not a kettle, and not all rooms have the coffee maker. If you use the coffee maker to make hot water your tea will taste like coffee. If you order hot water or tea from room service, the water is rarely, if ever, hot enough. This is also true of the water you get from the machines in the buffet - never hot enough. I have never tried to bring my own kettle.

When you order tea in the dining rooms, they will bring the water in a ceramic tea pot and bring an assortment of tea for you to choose from. Again, the water is usually not hot enough. You will also have to ask for regular milk or they will bring creamers.

I would bring your own Earl Grey, because they sometimes run out of different varieties by the end of the cruise.

I know I sounded picky about the hot water, but for me tea isn't as good if the water isn't boiling when it is poured over the bag.

Bacon - Americans do not seem to understand proper bacon. They take streaky and cremate it - NCL do seem to have back bacon in the buffet however. ;)

I have been saying that for years. I love good back bacon, a couple of fried eggs (one side fried only) and a grilled tomato for beakfast. Bliss.

Guess what I am having on Tuesday morning?

I have been saying that for years. I love good back bacon, a couple of fried eggs (one side fried only) and a grilled tomato for beakfast. Bliss.

Guess what I am having on Tuesday morning?

I have to wait nearly 11 months to try the Spirit - I have read many good things about it - if it meets or exceeds the Jade I shall be a happy bunny!

Breakfast tomorrow (at home :() - farmer's market eggs, bacon and black pudding - grilled tomatoes and chestnut mushrooms - toast and home made marmalade and fresh ground coffee (possibly a Mimosa or two as well :D)

I have to wait nearly 11 months to try the Spirit - I have read many good things about it - if it meets or exceeds the Jade I shall be a happy bunny!

Breakfast tomorrow (at home :() - farmer's market eggs, bacon and black pudding - grilled tomatoes and chestnut mushrooms - toast and home made marmalade and fresh ground coffee (possibly a Mimosa or two as well :D)

I rarely do breakfasts when at home, maybe toast if I feel like it. Your sounds amazing, what time shall I come round?

They had black pudding on the Spirit last summer so I am hoping to see some this time around. Hey, I'm from the Black Country and we love our pigs pud.

Spirit also had PG tips, Tetley and Tetley Earl Grey last summer. Bringing my own nescafe sachets as the coffee is rank.

The Spirit is unique and different but has a great crew and officers who all love the ship and love their work. Can't go wrong. We might switch to Jade in 2014.

We shall have to differ on tea - neither myself nor DW drink the stuff (except in a Chinese restaurant oddly enough) - there is a reasonable fresh-ground bean coffee machine in the buffet on the Jade - hope they have the same on the Spirit.

BTW - I cannot quite figure out which bar on the Spirit is the Martini bar. Do they have a specialized one or do all of them do a range of Martinis?

We took a bag of 480 Yorkshire Tea Bags on board to give to a friend so there is no issue taking tea bags.

I've seen them on some ships but not others so would take your own to ensure you get the cuppa you want. We get a kettle on board in europe but can't remember there being one on US ships. You may have to ask the steward for one.

BTW - I cannot quite figure out which bar on the Spirit is the Martini bar. Do they have a specialized one or do all of them do a range of Martinis?

Champagne Charlies and it usually has a piano entertainer there tinkling his ivories for a bit of ambience.

Off to bed as I leave for Heathrow at lunchtime tomorrow. Will report back on tea.

Wow, I seem to have stirred up a lot of feelings here!

NewCruiseScots, you are a person after my own heart! However since we are stopping off at a few places en route to Hawaii and afterwards, I'll not be packing a travel kettle, but will entrust my steward to acquire one on board. Perhaps a generous tip might expidite this.

Steve H: I assume this grand breakfast is only at weekends/special occasions? If so, please do let me know when and i'll be there too! Yumm!

Tiggertastic, I am (in)famous at the office for ALWAYS travelling with my EG teabags, in fact some have been around the world with me and back! (They laugh at me, but do I care?)

Archived