Cruise is book for Dec, now to loose...

Kims1st

Awww thanks Gail for the comments - "celebration"... I'm thinking your health is a heck of a lot more to celebrate... face it we all can celebrate the fact that we are forming this kind of friendship on a CRUISE form.. how awesome is that!!!

Welcome Barlee -- I love seeing new peeps on here. Good luck to you and please share what is working for you. I'm always excited to hear and try new things.

I weigh in every Thursday morning. Well, the week following Easter I stayed the same. whew.. I decided this past week that I was going to really stick to it and move more. I started with a 4 mile walk Friday morning with a coworker, then Sunday my normal 4 miles with my friend, then Tue., bless his heart, my hubby gave me a much needed gentle push down the stairs (not literally) to my workout room - he asked me if I was going downstairs to the freezer for Wednesday nite's dinner on my way to do my workout. LOL I howled.. then playfully punched him. Then I went and worked out!!! and even remembered to bring the salmon upstairs afterwards!

So Thursday morning I get on the scales - 2 pounds gone - bye bye... - total now is 54.5. Yah me.

Ok enough rambling.. enjoying life very much - actually trying on clothes today and finding a few that now fit :) and a few that will by the time we cruise. I'm actually leaving in a 2 weeks for Myrtle Beach for vacation!!! I need shorts and t-shirts - gave mine all away last fall. Guess I'll be having fun shopping soon! AND I'll be shopping again in time for the cruise - I plan on being down another size or two by then. :D

Ok, now enough of the rambling.. sorry.

Hello ladies,

I'm new to posting on CC although I have been reading on these forums since 2011 when I booked my first cruise.

I first want to start that Kim's post inspired me to start my own weight loss journey that I have been putting off for years.

Gail , your posts are so encouraging and kinds , I wish you good luck in your surgery and speedy recovery. I will pray for you.

I hope you let me join this post and stay inspired and motivated till my cruise day in Dec 14. I booked my second crusie , again with celebrity and this time it's from SJ.

Thanks,

Hello to YYZBXD,

How is your Spring in Toronto? Today in Winchester the daffodils are racing for the sky and our pear trees are in full blossom. Too beautiful for any negative thoughts. Taxes are filed too.

So I just have to focus on food diary and Apr. 30th. Then gear up for Dec. Cruise. I'm reading catalogs so I know what to look for on sale in Fall.

New meds may cause some weight loss stall but only temporarily. They increase appetite. Besides no sin goes unforgiving with repentance. I think taking pictures to keep in my phone might be a new idea in motivation. Wouldn't it be fun to be mistaken for a Palm tree. :)

Blessings,

Gail

Edited by Lvteks
typos

Hi Gail,

Spring hasn't showed up in Toronto as yet, I'm here and waiting for spring.

Looking forward to spring so I can start walking outside.

I like the idea of shopping in the fall, I was thinking the same, and I will probably drive to buffalo to shop.

Wow - I'm sooo happy to have you guys all joining me, thank you so much for all the encouragement on my/our journey!!!! Welcome all!

I'm happy to say I'm still loosing - total now is 56... I'm facing a vacation in a week (Myrtle Beach), so I'm planning on at least a small gain there - I'm not going to be bent out of shape over it either, just its life and I can't be perfect, but I can still "progress".

This week was such a sad one with what happened in Boston on Monday. I joined a facebook group "Walking for Boston" where on Wed people across the world walked whatever they could in honor of the victims, their families and all of people there. I walked 2.62 miles for them, then continued and did a little extra for those that didn't get to finish the race. The facebook page had a site on it that you could log your miles etc. I read this morning that over 20,000 people participated, 24K "likes" on the page etc.

I've been walking as part of my exercise so I pushed a little harder and did the full 5K walk after working 10 hour day!! Happy I could do, sad for the reason I did it.

How are you all doing? Everyone getting out to enjoy a little sunshine? Spring is struggling to get to PA.. although people are starting to mow the grass and the trees are finally budding - so pretty around here!

Today overcast and rain - yesterday 80 degrees - tomorrow nite 29! ughhh, needs to level out already!!

Take care everyone.

thanks again for the support!

Kim

Edited by Kims1st

• 1 month later...

Hey all... I'm still going strong here - lots of stuggles with the weight loss, but still walking and eating "somewhat" correctly... (guessing I should have read my last post)... sorry if I'm repeating - but... spent a wonderful week in MB although a bit on the cooler side (low 70's) - and brought me with 11 pounds!!! yikes, however, we did climb Cape Hatteras Lighthouse - 12 STORIES! - so a lot of the 11 pounds actually was water gain, and muscle swell - actually gained 2 inches around my calves!!! LOL

I lost 7.5 the first week back, then 2.5 off again the next week, leaving me 1 pound up. I've now gained another 4 so I'm buckling down this week again. I've been walking my butt off - 5.65 miles on Friday, another 3 on Sunday - :-) whewww...

Soooo.. please let me know how you guys are doing...

Kim

Hello!

My name is Deon and it's been great to see everyone's progress so far, especially yours Kim. Keep it up!

I'm cruising in September and would love to lose at least 20lbs by then and then an additional 40lbs by the time my next cruise rolls around in March. I've tried so many different things and I'm finally getting steady in the gym now. I'll be attending a boot camp every Wednesday for the next 8 weeks, so I'm looking forward to that.

I have a dress I want to wear for formal night and the last time I tried it on, I looked pregnant, which is not how I want to look until I'm pregnant. That's my target piece for the next 3 months.

We can do it! I did an hour of cardio today and I'll be back at the gym tomorrow.

Hello!

"I'll be attending a boot camp every Wednesday for the next 8 weeks, so I'm looking forward to that."

Hi Deon! Welcome - how are you feeling after last nights' boot camp?? I'm not a gym person at all, maybe some day, but still too intimidated to go, and enjoy using the excuse of - I work 10 hour days, from 6:30 to 4:30 - getting up at 5 am every day is tough. No energy left afterwards except to hit the treadmill or throw in a DVD... if I had to get changed and go somewhere else, forget it!!! LOL Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

I'm happy today - I am finally back down to what I was before going on vacation - waahoooo! I've got 2 more vacations booked before I go on my cruise, so I'm really going to watch more closely to what I'm doing there. One is just to my mother-in-laws so shouldn't be too bad... the other is to TN for a week in the mountains - ymmmy bbq and such, could be trouble there! LOL

I'll just deal with it as it comes. I don't have a target or anything, my goal is and has always been - KEEP GOING - my mantra: I GOT THIS!!!

Enjoy your day!!!

Kim

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone - anyone still following this post?

I'm still here and still loosing, well at least not gaining! I've been down the same 60 pounds since May - I still have 2 -1/2 months before my cruise (DEC 8), and doing good as far as staying on track - we've enjoyed company almost every weekend since June 30th and I only gained 3 pounds all summer! Quite proud of that! Now back on track and gun ho on the exercise etc.

Let me know how you are all doing??? :cool:

Hi everyone - anyone still following this post?

I'm still here and still loosing, well at least not gaining! I've been down the same 60 pounds since May - I still have 2 -1/2 months before my cruise (DEC 8), and doing good as far as staying on track - we've enjoyed company almost every weekend since June 30th and I only gained 3 pounds all summer! Quite proud of that! Now back on track and gun ho on the exercise etc.

Let me know how you are all doing??? :cool:

Hello Kim and all,

I will be cruising December 1st out of miami. I have primarily used myfitness pal to log calories and exercise since I booked in November last year. With the idea of a swimsuit in the caribbean being a major motivator. Today I hopped on the scale....Onderland at 199.6 thats about 36lb down for me. And a huge accomplishment. Its probably been 23 years or so since i was under 200. Slow and steady.

- Lona

We are cruising to western Caribbean in late January, 2014 with 2 of our sons and their wives. We are so looking forward to cruising with them. We love to cruise.

I am also trying to lose weight for the cruise and have found that when I weigh myself every morning before I get dressed and tape that weight to one of my kitchen cupboards and to my refrigerator door it works well for me. With my present weight taped up like that it reminds me not to eat anymore than I need.

We are cruising to western Caribbean in late January, 2014 with 2 of our sons and their wives. We are so looking forward to cruising with them. We love to cruise.

I am also trying to lose weight for the cruise and have found that when I weigh myself every morning before I get dressed and tape that weight to one of my kitchen cupboards and to my refrigerator door it works well for me. With my present weight taped up like that it reminds me not to eat anymore than I need.

That is an excellent idea. Too bad I cant paste it on the treat cabinet at work. Maybe I can put a sticker or something else to remind me.

- Lona

• 1 month later...

Still here and as the days go back, getting super excited for Dec 8th - actually Dec 6th is when we are flying to Fla... spending a day in Key West on Sat before boarding on Sunday.

I'm happy to report that I've completed a 5K race - 1 hr and 4 mins (asthma kicked in so should have been a bit better)... and a big 10K in Virginia Beach last weekend - in under 2 hours! Could not have done that a year ago with 68 pounds more on my frame!!!

In about a year and a half, I've lose 69.5 pounds - this last week I've had a nasty flu so my weight is not exactly true, but heck I'm reporting it!!! LOL

Love the idea of taping the weight number to the fridge - although I only allow myself to get on the scales once a week as again, for me its how I'm feeling more than a number.

Stay true guys - sorry for the gap inbetween posts - lets do this... enjoy and relax and bring it!!!!

• 1 month later...

Sailing away today..so excitef...posting this in case anyone is still following...my total loss is 75 lbs!!!! Feeling so good...not worried about the cruise...just excited. In Miami now getting re

ady to head fir the dock in a couple of hours... take care.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk