No Option For Well-Done Meat in MDR?

kingsgirl

My DH will not eat beef unless it is totally well done--not a speck of pink--and we have not had any issues when we asked for it that way. He doesn't eat prime rib because that is usually not done enough for him, but has had steak and roast beef several times and just asks for it well, well done. He said it's nice to have someone believe him when he says well done because normally in a restaurant, it comes out pink.

Majesty and Serenade for sure he has had well done meat.

My DH will not eat beef unless it is totally well done--not a speck of pink--and we have not had any issues when we asked for it that way. He doesn't eat prime rib because that is usually not done enough for him, but has had steak and roast beef several times and just asks for it well, well done. He said it's nice to have someone believe him when he says well done because normally in a restaurant, it comes out pink.

Majesty and Serenade for sure he has had well done meat.

Okay good. Worse case scenario, I guess I just eat around the edge.

I've usually only seen it come out med rare or well done, but they say the choices are med rare and med well. Last time I said med rare, but they brought mine off the wrong section I guess and it was med well, but it was brown all the way through. That is well done.

I always ask for medium well and it' usually well done. Rarely is it a bit pink. My experience is, outside of most steak houses, medium well can mean well done, or bloody. I can't stand it rare, but a little red is fine.

In my experience they offer Well done and Medium rare for the Prime rib and the sliced filet. Med Rare is for me close enough to rare that I can eat it. DH orders Med Well and it never has pink.

Any thing you order that is not to your satisfaction can be sent back. The waiters are always happy to make sure you are happy.

Yes you can get well done. I just got off the Liberty today. My friend had steak 3 times and each time he asked for well done and he really enjoyed it.

I don't remember the cut, but the steak served on the second night, Formal night, everyone said it was wonderful. Two people had it rare, one had it well done.

Just ask. If you have a good waiter he will get you anything to make you happy.

Irene

I like mine well done... grey almost... burn it if you must.

If it looks like it's still moo'ing it should still be in the pasture!

Have yet to have the prime rib on board because I don't like my veggies sitting in a bath of blood

I have had steak on board many times though... nice and cooked :)

One of my criteria for scoring cruise dining is to see whether or not I can get a steak well done without it turning into shoe leather (yes, it's possible). For what it's worth, RCI utterly failed this test both times I tried. The steak either had some pink or was tough. I hope you have better luck. RCI does many things well (heh!), but steak isn't one of them, at least in my experience.

I always order my steaks medium on RC and have always been served it medium. I don't like it bloody and I certainly don't like it well done because then it ruins it for me. When we were on the Oasis, one of our table mates sent his steak back 3 times because it wasn't to his liking. On the 4th try, he said it was perfect. All of ours have been great for the record.

My point being if you aren't happy with your food, for goodness sake, speak up! I've watched RC bend over backwards to make dinner right for others.

Archived