Cost of Taxi NOLA Port to Marriott Convention Center

ddy123

Any rough idea how much a taxi would cost from the port to the Marriott Convention Center? There will be 4 of us with a fair amount of luggage so we will definitely need a van. I don't belive it is very far but also don't think we could manage walking with all of our luggage. Are rates posted or is it as the discretion of the driver? We have had some drivers try to take advantage of us in other ports so just want a rough idea. With all those bags we will tip well but it makes me angry when some drivers try to charge way more than what is customary. Thanks for any help!

Zero. Two to three block walk. I live in nola. The nola cruise terminal and convention center basically share the same riverfront real estate at one end. The convention center Marriot is just across the street from the Convention center.

Any rough idea how much a taxi would cost from the port to the Marriott Convention Center? There will be 4 of us with a fair amount of luggage so we will definitely need a van. I don't belive it is very far but also don't think we could manage walking with all of our luggage. Are rates posted or is it as the discretion of the driver? We have had some drivers try to take advantage of us in other ports so just want a rough idea. With all those bags we will tip well but it makes me angry when some drivers try to charge way more than what is customary. Thanks for any help!

My hotel was a little further away and the fee was 7.00 per person.

Don't try to walk if you have luggage!! Not worth the hassle. We have stayed there many times, usually about $7 or 8 for two people. Instead of trying for a van, I would get two taxi's and just follow each other to the Marriott, about 4-5 minutes tops. Nice hotel and handy to everything.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very timely thread. I am staying at the Marriott Convention Center prior to our cruise on the NCL Star in early April. I am looking at parking options during the cruise and found that the Fulton Parking Garage is just down the street from the Marriott. My thinking is that I can park at the Fulton Garage prior and the 7 days of our cruise. It seems that everything is very close (including the whale lot) so it just makes sense to keep the car in one location.

My question goes back to walking to and from these places. There will be four of us and we can all walk easily. So how far is it from the Marriott Convention Center to the Fulton lot and also the NCL Cruise terminal. I figure that I can roll my luggage a few blocks (does anyone carry luggage anymore). I would appreciate anyone with local experience to let me know if walking makes sense (basically, am I crazy?).

Thanks for any help. I have never been to New Orleans and am really looking forward to our time there.

The other option is send one person in the taxi with all the luggage, tip the driver well, you should be out of there for $10-$12 total, the rest of the folks can walk and meet in the taxi/car drop off area beneath the check in building.

Archived