Easy Saver/ Resident Rate

k2

So I am looking at a cruise and the Resident Rate is lower than the Easy Saver rate. My question is, can I book the Easy Saver for price protection and turn around and immediately make a claim for the difference to match the Resident Rate (getting the best of both worlds? How far before sailing does Easy Saver Disappear? Thanks!

It says in the small print next to "easy Saver' on the web page that it offers price protection while the small print for the "Resident Rate' does not say that.

That is why I am confused... wondering if they renamed 'Early Saver' and if so.... can I book it and claim resident rate????

My TA has been on the phone for over an hour with Carnival trying to get the price change.

The cust service rep could not change my rate, so she is speaking with a manager right now.

So, since I have not made final payment yet, they are trying to reduce what the final payment will be. I am not even sure what happens after final, which is not until end of May.

Hmm so why does Easy Saver say price protection? What is the difference between Easy Saver and Early Saver other than the time they are offered?

can you send me a link to where it says easy saver can get price protection? My Father in law has a booking where got denied price protection on Easy saver (before final payment) and I couldn't find any written policy that says it does. thanks

Not sure if this link will work, but it says it is price protected on the page that shows you the different pricing options for a specific cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/StateRoom/stateroom2?embkCode=MSY&itinCode=WCS&durDays=7&shipCode=CQ&subRegionCode=CW&sailDate=03312013&sailingID=62700&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=Y&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=NY&isMilitary=N&pCompare=PNS#

After clicking on the link just pick a category and you will see Easy Saver as an option and the small print says that you are price protected.

My TA has been on the phone for over an hour with Carnival trying to get the price change.

The cust service rep could not change my rate, so she is speaking with a manager right now.

So, since I have not made final payment yet, they are trying to reduce what the final payment will be. I am not even sure what happens after final, which is not until end of May.

SO THIS IS WHY YOU USE A T.A.

she finally got it all squared away. For our group of 10, we each got a $30 reduction on our final payment which is due 5/21.

And I will continue to check the price each day until I get another price drop..... Our last cruise, I think I got $100 pp reduction.

Thanks to Maria..... (not sure if I am allowed to post which agency she works for).

Archived