Middle Aged Drama Queen Goes BIG: Solo & Last Minute on the ALLURE!!!

KansCocoa

Great review! I first read your review of the Serenade. My family is taking the exact itinerary this October. I printed out your entire review for my husband to read to get some ideas for tours on port days. I enjoyed that review so much that even though I don't foresee cruising on the Freedom or Allure anytime soon I still read the reviews because they are so entertaining. Thanks so much for posting your experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Never fear. We are here. The CC loyal lurkers, Coachaholics, grandmas, total cruise junkies, etc. It will be my turn in 58 days. Thanks for your time and effort, your work with the wonderful Red Cross and being so much fun. Where to next?

58 days...?! I bet you can't wait!

Well...if you're talking "where to" as far as this review...it will be on to Deck 5!

If you're talking "where to " as far as my Red Cross work, I never know...until it hits. Sometimes I have only 3 hours notice to pack for 3 weeks and go. :( I'm not sure if I'll be heading to the NE; it depends on how many power outages there are and how widespread (any) damage is. I'm hoping it's not bad...but I'm not sure.

If you're talking "where to" on my adventures - I'll be doing another cruise in April. Yay!

Just off Allure February 3. Loving your review and wishing I was still on board. We had an amazing time and we too never entered the MDR. Also really enjoyed your Europe review. Trying to convince DH to book for Europe. No luck so far. I keep telling him to read your Europe review because I know he’ll want to go. He knows he will want to go too if he reads your review, so he hasn’t read it yet. (LOL)

That's too funny! Tell him he HAS to go just so you can continue the research project on the World's Best Gelato! :)

and now i'm reading two or your reviews simultaneously!!!

serenade and allure!! both AMAZING AMAZING REVIEWS!!!!!! :)

THANK YOU!!!!! :) Then, you can read the Freedom review, as well, when you're done with those two...and maybe by then, I'll be working on the Top Chef cruise review in April! :)

Have a good time at the play. My husband saw the original in New York back in the 70's, I believe. He went without me.:( That was mean.........:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

"Hair" was fantastic! LOVED the music...it was awesome...

It's on my Bucket List to attend a Broadway show in New York...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE live theater, so this would be a dream come true!

Sherri,:)

Enjoyed your Review, I am contemplating a New Years Cruise on Celebrity,2013 , But Love Royal, Done Freedomx2, Liberty,Serenade. bet your fun on a Cruise thanks for convincing me to go on Allure!

Lance32:)

Yay - I think you'll have a lot of fun, as I know I did...! I try to have fun - life's too short to do anything less. :)

Hi Sherri,

I have just spent the past 2 days reading all your reviews under your Signature and all I can say is WOW!:eek:

I do have one request if you happen to have a photo of your Cabin Crawl on your Med Cruise of a Connecting Cabin (with balcony if possible), we have one this trip and I have trawled CC trying to find one but can't seem to.

I didn't know that Rita's Cantina had a 2 hr feast that you could book will have to look into that this trip as we loved the food and the Margarita's!

I look forward to reading the rest of this great review and learning more about Allure.

I'm glad my reviews have been helpful...

I wish I DID have a photo of a connecting cabin on our Cabin Crawl...I ended up not taking very many photos of the cabins because I was...well...talking too much with everyone else. Imagine that???!! I know, it's very hard to believe...but tis true.

Hey - that Fiesta is a bargain, if you think about it. I did the non-alcoholic package...for $10. For $10, I got appetizers, fajitas, and a dessert...and THREE frozen (virgin) pina coladas that were HUGE. If I'd gone in for just a regular dinner, I'd have paid a lot more than $10 for all the food & drinks I got...plus, I would have missed out on my beautiful - yet fashionable - sombrero, as well as my light-up gizmo necklace...not to mention, the dancing. Oh, the dancing...! It was TOO much fun!

Reviews like yours keep me coming back to Cruie Critic. Love your enthusiasm for cruising and for Allure. She's a wonderful ship and a truly unique cruising experience.

Thank you! :) That's a very nice comment...I appreciate that.

I was wondering if you met Zoltar! Did you get a good fortune?:rolleyes:

I can't believe I almost forgot about meeting creepy Zoltar!

My fortune said I would find fame and fortune...if you count being "famous" on Cruise Critic, I guess he's half right.

If I'd have charged a dollar for every time someone reads one of my reviews, he would have been right on the fortune part, as well. Hee hee! I could have had it ALL!!!!!

Edited by KansCocoa

THANK YOU!!!!! :) Then, you can read the Freedom review, as well, when you're done with those two...and maybe by then, I'll be working on the Top Chef cruise review in April! :)

It's on my Bucket List to attend a Broadway show in New York...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE live theater, so this would be a dream come true!

absolutely!!

freedom is next up....especially considering we might be on the freedom instead of the allure...

we're waiting until after final payment day to book a cruise for late august in the hopes the prices will drop...

so we're planning on going on whatever ship has the most appealing deal........

although i can feel myself gravitating towards allure, regardless of price....this may be my one opportunity so i'd be a fool not to go BIG...

as for Broadway! it's a MUST!! my husband and i lived in manhattan for 3 years in our pre-klingon era and broadway was our second home!! we frequented our favorite productions multiple times!!!!

we finally took the kids to NYC the first time we flew into the states via new york (back in 2001).....i said if we're flying via new york we should stop on the way back and spend a few days there....so 3 days and 3 broadway musicals became a new tradition for us....and in between the musicals all of our kids new favorite stomping grounds (the museum of natural history, central park - the real one, etc etc)....nothing better....not even the allure :D )

of what's currently playing (of those i've seen) my favorites are Book of Mormon, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera and Avenue Q.....

Edited by alaska_planner

You stumped me. :p

I have no idea...hopefully, other readers will have this information... :rolleyes:

Oasis doesn't have a Dog House. So Oasis provides donuts and corn dogs at the Boardwalk Bar as the only free foods on the Boardwalk besides breakfast at JR's. Since Allure has the Dog House which offers a variety of FREE dogs (corn dogs not included) the Boardwalk Bar only sells popcorn.

And now...a break in our regularly-scheduled broadcast...

...for all of you dealing with the blizzard...and snow...and are dreaming of sand and sun and blue water:

StMaarten_zpsfaafd32e.jpg

That was where I was at in St. Maarten...just a few weeks ago....sigh.

I'm not known for my amazing photography skills, but I am pretty darned proud of that photo. ;)

PERFECT!!! Woke up to about 34 inches of snow!!! That picture is just what I needed!!!! :D

I spent a good part of last night while snowbound catching up on Cruise Critic with the northeast blizzard howling outside. I'm now up to date with your very entertaining review. You have a creative gift! I'm still snowbound this morning and waiting for more!

Hi Everyone keeps saying about your Europe review - I might be a bit slow today but i cannot find the link, can you post it for me, we are on Liberty in the Med in May ! and I know if anyone can review Europe well it must be you Thanks in advance x

Look at the bottom of one of KansCocoa posts and you will find "MADQ Conquers Europe" You won't be disappointed. An excellent informative review (very funny also)

Hi Everyone keeps saying about your Europe review - I might be a bit slow today but i cannot find the link, can you post it for me, we are on Liberty in the Med in May ! and I know if anyone can review Europe well it must be you Thanks in advance x

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1668619

Here you go: http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/02/nasa_awards_19b_contract_to_ja.html

How did I find it? Clicked on the originators name in upper left and viola.

Not to be sexist, but I bet you would draw less suspicion that I would. :o I can feel stares just walking by the Flowrider with a camera. FYI, I mentioned being an empty nester, I did find out grandchild number 1 is on the way, so pics of me playing in any H20 Zone are at least 5-10 years away.

I believe that is RC's equivalent to a lazy river. But due to its size, I would have to try it out late one night for the reasons outlined above.

my boys call it the "washing machine"

ACK!

A scale??!!

This....THIS is a cruiser's worst nightmare. Certainly THIS is worse than the number 13.

And yet...RCI doesn't care about people with obesophobia or gravitophobia...(real words, btw - and also fun to type!)

I demand compensation. Or at least, some OBC.

OMG - LOL!!!! truly laughing out loud!!! you are the best :-)

Edited by suizas

question for you Sherri...

you've been on both the Allure and the Freedom...

if you could choose either - and let's not take the itinerary into consideration at this point - which would you choose? The Allure or the Freedom?

now i'll add in the itinerary - although, the itinerary isn't all that important to me, since i plan on staying on the ship most of the time...

but for the week we're looking at, the freedom will be going west (Jamaica - no way am i getting off the ship there, labadee, grand cayman, Cozumel)...

and the allure will be going east (i think it's Nassau - again, no way am i getting off the ship in Nassau ever again, st marten, st thomas and i don't know what else)

for me, in the Caribbean, it's really not the ports (i live 10 minutes from a gorgeous Mediterranean beach that so far nothing in the Caribbean has ever approached in beauty or tranquility)....

so i guess i'm asking you to choose between the allure and the freedom...

and possibly, is there a price point that would make you forgo the allure and choose the freedom instead...

Now that you pointed it out I'm starting to twitch a little that they are not straight!!

I JUST realized this.. messes with my brain. I dont like it..

At first i thought you meant why cant sprite and sprite zero be op top of each other [which also bothers me greatly, being a merchandiser]

Does the Allure have the Wipeout Cafe near the flowrider? I had a delicious pretzel dog (similar to a corn dog) from there when I was on the Oasis.

We never had a pretzel dog. That sounds better than anything listed at the Dog House, so we'll have to check out the Wipeout Cafe on Allure. We never went in the one on Oasis. Thanks for the info.