Epic's Cirque Dreams show

Slyfox16

IMO Cirque Dreams is the best entertainment at sea. Of all the acts and shows on cruise ships, this was my favorite. This is not done on a stage but right in front of you and in your face. You feel they are performing just for you. The premium seats are better IMO because you get eye contact with the performers. You are at eye level with the performers or have to look up a bit. The effect is so much better looking up while the performer is looking down at you. Isnt that the way the circus is? No one is supposed to look down at a circus.

I understand many will say the top is best and they could see everything. But they are losing one of the main attractions of the act. It seems much more personal on the floor.

The upstairs seats are now premium in addition to the front tables on the floor. I liked watching from upstairs, but that's just me. I would go premium. The standard seats are towards the back and you'l have obstructed views. Why go if you can't see well, right?

548-vi.jpg

537-vi.jpg

Sorry to disagree, but I didn't think the show was worth $25, let alone $35! It drags on for nearly 2 hours and while the performers are talented, there is a lot of audience participation junk that doesn't add anything. The ringmaster also blows a whistle constantly between acts and I would have brought ear plugs knowing that - so annoying and loud! The transitions between acts are nightmare fuel - headless waiters and stereotypical Hasidic Jews with martini glasses on their heads?! Talk about weird and offensive!

The service was horrendous - half the table got their appetizers while the other half waited for 10 minutes as the servers apparently forgot about our table and went to serve others! The appetizer was nothing special. The entree had a good filet, but the most overcooked rubbery shrimp I've ever had and cold baked potato! The trio of desserts was fine except for one. The food in the main dining rooms was better and FREE.

I could have gone on an off night or something, but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this show. If you have to decide on premium seating, I would recommend the floor seats over the balcony.

IMO Cirque Dreams is the best entertainment at sea. Of all the acts and shows on cruise ships, this was my favorite. This is not done on a stage but right in front of you and in your face. You feel they are performing just for you. The premium seats are better IMO because you get eye contact with the performers. You are at eye level with the performers or have to look up a bit. The effect is so much better looking up while the performer is looking down at you. Isnt that the way the circus is? No one is supposed to look down at a circus.

I understand many will say the top is best and they could see everything. But they are losing one of the main attractions of the act. It seems much more personal on the floor.

399598394_Likebutton.jpg.45fb254e1b17ef4c76b7e86a3b7f0dbc.jpg

Couldn't agree more! :)

Archived