Just back from Summit 1/26 - Pics to follow later

Jborosara

Agreed - as I mentioned in my Reflection review, the table for 8 really made for a noisy dining experience as they were all talking across the table! Wish they didn't even have this option in Blu, let alone give them a special pass to skip the line!!

Yeah....I thought it was noisy too...not a fan at all

Jborosara, Thanks so much for the review so far! My husband and I leave for summit in just under 2 weeks. I'm appalled by the staff at the spa, I was going to book a couples massage and mani-pedi online today. After reading your review as well as others out there I think i'll pass. When I booked almost a year ago they told me Blu was only for aqua guest. That's why I decide to pass on a suite and go for aqua because I liked the idea of a private restaurant for aqua guests only. My husband was not happy when I booked with Celebrity and not with his companies concierge service, as they just do Crystal, Princess and Silver Seas. But Celebrity sold me on the quiet restaurant and no smoking, so I sold my husband on Celebrity. Sure hope they fix this Blu problem soon.

Just remember ymmv regarding many things you read on these boards. Just because someone got a rude worker doesn't mean you will or that that person is even still onboard. I don't know official count, but there aren't that many suite passengers on the ship. Certainly not enough to on its own make blu overcrowded. All restaurants on X are smoke free.

I have never ate in mdr (except for brunch) so can't comment on its noise level for a dinner service. We have only been AQ once and really enjoyed Blu. With the tables so close together I thought it was not as private as I would have liked. You can't help but here other conversations. But food was great.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just remember ymmv regarding many things you read on these boards. Just because someone got a rude worker doesn't mean you will or that that person is even still onboard. I don't know official count, but there aren't that many suite passengers on the ship. Certainly not enough to on its own make blu overcrowded. All restaurants on X are smoke free.

I have never ate in mdr (except for brunch) so can't comment on its noise level for a dinner service. We have only been AQ once and really enjoyed Blu. With the tables so close together I thought it was not as private as I would have liked. You can't help but here other conversations. But food was great.

Enjoy your cruise!

Absolutely ymmv.... my experiences are just those... and please no one read into any of what I said that it was a "bad" cruise - just that some of our expectations were not met and that this was based on our previous experience on the very same ship at the very same time of year one and two years earlier. I have written a letter to celebrity customer service and my comments showed up on my questionnaire.

I, too, will write a more detailed review when time permits and I am caught up at work and home... We had a wonderful time - just not sure that AQ really was worth it this trip and not certain that I will keep our booking for AQ next winter, though am absolutely keeping my booking for the b2b SoCa on the Summit!

Anyone know what time Blu opens for breakfast? We sailed on the Silhouette last month and Blu typically opened at 7:30 AM for breakfast. Not a problem as we did not arrive at port until 9 or 10.

On the southern Caribbean sailing that Summit takes, every port arrival is 8 am. Wasn't sure if Blu opened early to accommodate this.

I know I can do room service or the buffet, but I really liked breakfast in Blu, and also like to maximize time in port as well.

Thanks!

in general, Blu breakfast was open an hour or so before we were scheduled to dock... the service was quick and efficient and we never had a problem getting off the ship as early as we wanted (which was generally as early as possible)

So I have a question, Aqua class has the Blu for breakfast and Dinner..

So are you telling me that if you have a suite you can go into the Blu now? And if so where does it say that in Celebrity's web site.

Thanks Tina

So I have a question, Aqua class has the Blu for breakfast and Dinner..

So are you telling me that if you have a suite you can go into the Blu now? And if so where does it say that in Celebrity's web site.

Thanks Tina

The rule is that suite passengers are allowed to dine in Blu on a space available basis - however, my sense was that no one was watching whether or not space was available or when as many of the folks dining while the lines were longest were suite passengers (it's not hard to tell when their seapass cards are sitting on the table)

We had a terrific cruise....just mildly disappointed by lack of access to Blu and very annoyed that (to paraphrase George Orwell)...all AQ guests are equal but some are more equal than others...

My point is that I will definitely do the summit again..I just may opt out of AQ and spend those dollars on specialty restaurants...

Archived