Albany to NYC terminal

mom2girlsVT

I am travelling from VT and usually pick up a Yankee Trails bus in Albany to take me to NYC, as I do not want to drive in the city. However, the bus is full this time and I need to find a different way to the terminal. Does anyone know of any car services or other bus companies that travel between Albany and NYC?

For my cruise in 2011, my sister and I took the AMTRAK from Albany to NYC. It couldn't have been easier. We got on the train at 7:00 AM and were in the city by 10:30. They called ahead for us and so a redcap was waiting to help us with our luggage in Penn Station. The cabs were plentiful and after a quick and inexpensive cab ride, we were at the pier. I would highly recommend it to anyone coming into NYC for a cruise!

just allow plenty of time...Amtrak is great, but can be subject to delays for no reason....(or weather, etc...)

if you can , i would come a day early....otherwise, get the earliest possible train...

I love Amtrak, but I have ridden enough to expect the unexpected...it's easy though....and more comfy than the bus

I ride the Empire Service trains fairly frequently for work. When you want to take the train from Albany, try to pick one that originates in Albany rather than one that originates in Montreal, Niagara Falls or Toronto. It's the long-distance trains that tend to have delays.

I ride the Empire Service trains fairly frequently for work. When you want to take the train from Albany, try to pick one that originates in Albany rather than one that originates in Montreal, Niagara Falls or Toronto. It's the long-distance trains that tend to have delays.

good point....

Archived