Reflection and the Alcoves

BigDaddy2002

On the Dec 6th 2014 sailing of the Reflection that is coming up. It's a Eastern sailing. I'm not here to rehash the cost/space issue.

We have an alcove reserved for the 1st sea day (maybe I should change it to one of the last sea days though based on comments about it being cooler outside?) and St Thomas day. My goal was to have it available on a day when there was jazz or some other performance scheduled on the lawn.

Called both the regular CS number as well as Specialty dining; neither could tell me which days that would be. Which seemed odd to me, but okay whatever.

Can anyone here say which days the jazz performance or string performance were? I have seen people mention a few times that Jazz was on San Juan day; but those cruises were in 2012 and 2013, not sure if that's changed since then or not?

after reading the first page, I realized that this was an old thread, so skipped to the end and have some questions.

The cost is $149 for a sea day, $99 for a port day. It is per Alcove, not per person. Each Alcove holds up to 4 people.

What happens if it is raining the day you reserve?

Never thought I'd say it, but I have to agree with you:) I didn't understand all the negativity until I saw the

Alcoves for myself and compared them to the lawn experience that we had enjoyed on Equinox and Eclipse. They are a blight on the landscape.

We have sailed on the Silhouette, Equinox and the Eclipse. I thought that the Alcoves were all the same for this class of ships. We will be on the Reflection

in March. What is different? I am interested in the Lawn Club alcoves, not the pool area alcoves.

Edited by Iamthesea

after reading the first page, I realized that this was an old thread, so skipped to the end and have some questions.

What happens if it is raining the day you reserve?

We have sailed on the Silhouette, Equinox and the Eclipse. I thought that the Alcoves were all the same for this class of ships. We will be on the Reflection

in March. What is different? I am interested in the Lawn Club alcoves, not the pool area alcoves.

Rain: I believe you can cancel but am not 100% sure, as we've never had that issue come up. Seems like others have said they were able to cancel, but I'd ask Celebrity (in an email, so you have the response in writing)

The pool "alcoves" are not reservable, and aren't really alcoves per se. They are just lounge beds by the pool (for lack of a better term) that fit 2 people and are first come, first served. The lawn club alcoves are a deck above the pool on the lawn, and must be reserved. They have a love seat/lounger type bed and a couple of chairs, with a canopy top that can be pulled back. You get a fruit plate and bottled water, and there's a phone to call the server for drinks. I believe they are only offered on Reflection and Silhouette, or have they been added to Equinox and Eclipse?

They are only on Silhouette and Reflection. They were not added to Equinox during her last dry dock.

That said, they didn't bother us on Reflection, and I'm considering reserving one on our next Reflection trip. We have friends joining us, so I'm hoping we can split the cost.

We are taking the entire family on Silhouette over New Years 2015 and considering reserving one for the week for that trip. With 8 or more of us, it should be well used.

The pool "alcoves" are not reservable, and aren't really alcoves per se. They are just lounge beds by the pool (for lack of a better term) that fit 2 people and are first come, first served.

I'll bet they are prime real estate for the chair hogs?:confused:

Thank you, Meg. very helpful! :)

You're very welcome. They seem to be a touchy subject with folks either loving them or hating them, but we enjoyed them very much on Reflection on two different cruises. One note: the attendants who serve the cabanas seem to stretched kind of thin, so we've found quicker service either just walking to the Sunset Bar, or letting a Sunset Bar waiter know we'll tip (and we do) if they'll keep checking on us. I believe you can also order lunch from the Porch now from your cabana attendant also. Oh, another note...sometimes due to wind they say the canopy tops must be kept retracted and you don't get any shade. Just something to be aware of.