Carnival's "Bayahibe Beach Break"

lifesabeach123

Heads Up!

Carnival's Bayahibe Beach Break excursion is NOT at Dream La Romana anymore. It's at BeLive Resort in Dominicus, a 5 minute drive from Bayahibe village.

See post #5 on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147292-i243-k6026161-What_resort_is_used_for_Carnival_excursion-La_Romana_La_Romana_Province_Dominican_Republic.html#47013071

quote: 4 Feb 2013 - Just a heads up...just returned from doing Carnival's "Bayahibe Beach Break" excursion and they do not use Dreams...you go to Be Live All Inclusive Resort.

BeLive's website: http://www.belivehotels.com/hotel/EN/ficha_hotel/canoa/servicios/playas.jsp

BeLive is on a nice stretch of beach - much longer than at Dreams so good for walking but no village in the area. Gift shops are along the beach to the right. The snorkeling in front of the resort is not as good as at Dreams but if you walk to the right past the gift shops there is good snorkeling in front of the next resort (Catalonia Gran Dominicus) where there is a row of man made concrete reef balls where you can see fish.

It's unclear whether the Bayahibe Beach Break is now only at BeLive or if they alternate between both resorts.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this...surely someone has done the Bayahibe Beach Break through Carnival in the last few months....We just want to know how the experience was as they say it is now at BeLive Resort instead of Dreams..:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I went on FB and asked John Heald about this excursion, he did confirm that it is at BeLive resort.

He said: "John Heald Yes indeed , as of now it does go to BeLive and I hear its amazing Denise. If you have any questions about this or anything else before your cruise arrives I will be here to help as much as I can"

hope this helps.

I will probably give BeLive a try as nothing else appeals to me. The reviews on the excursion site on Carnival were pretty good and that it was the prettiest beach they ever saw.

I am planning to go to BeLive when I am on the Nov 9th Breeze cruise!

Please try to let us know how it was...I really want to do this one and would love more info. Have a great Cruise, Were on the Breeze in April...can't wait to see the new ship:D

I will probably give BeLive a try as nothing else appeals to me. The reviews on the excursion site on Carnival were pretty good and that it was the prettiest beach they ever saw.

I would highly recommend taking the Seavis Saona Island excursion from Bayahibe. This is one of the best excursions we've ever taken and we've been to many places. They provide the taxi and are an excellent outfit to work with, check their reviews on TA. The beaches and time in the water is simply amazing!

We loved the area we visited on this excursion so much we're returning to spend a couple weeks at Breams La Romana (Bayahibe) next spring.

Do yourself a favor and at least look into their "Saona Special" excursion. It's much nicer than the Carnival version. Gorgeous beaches and clear water and a fabulous lunch. And the rum drinks are flowing freely.

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/Welcome_e.htm

I would highly recommend taking the Seavis Saona Island excursion from Bayahibe. This is one of the best excursions we've ever taken and we've been to many places. They provide the taxi and are an excellent outfit to work with, check their reviews on TA. The beaches and time in the water is simply amazing!

We loved the area we visited on this excursion so much we're returning to spend a couple weeks at Breams La Romana (Bayahibe) next spring.

Do yourself a favor and at least look into their "Saona Special" excursion. It's much nicer than the Carnival version. Gorgeous beaches and clear water and a fabulous lunch. And the rum drinks are flowing freely.

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/Welcome_e.htm

Thanks, I looked at Saona Special with both Seavis and Pro Excursons....I am traveling with my 71 yr old mother who has some difficulty with shortness of breath with some activities and I don't like that she would have to climb in and out of the boat and wade through a little sand and water to get to shore (even with help)....if they docked at a pier I would be all over this...so I will settle for BeLive with Carnival.

Yes, I understand. Hopefully someone who has been to BeLive will post their experience. You can also check their reviews from guests on tripadvisor dot com. And ypu can get a day pass through Dreams if BeLive doesn't appeal to you. I've seen information on getting a taxi for a decent rate in the Bayahibe forum on TA.

Yes, I understand. Hopefully someone who has been to BeLive will post their experience. You can also check their reviews from guests on tripadvisor dot com. And ypu can get a day pass through Dreams if BeLive doesn't appeal to you. I've seen information on getting a taxi for a decent rate in the Bayahibe forum on TA.

Thanks!! I didn't think to check trip advisor....I almost always come here for my info.:D

Archived