Summit 1/26 - with pics - precruise in San Juan

Jborosara

this may be the prettiest street I have ever seen - I take essentially this same picture every year because the colors are just so amazing - apparently, until just very recently you could take tours of the governor's mansion (the blue building at the end of the street) - we asked the guard and there are plans to re-institute these by the spring of this year... it will be a definite must-do for me!

IMG_0438.jpg

I also admit to a fascination with the doors of OSJ

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

The forts are also a must-do for me. The day was stormy off and on all day - I loved these pictures with the dark grey storm clouds in the background

IMG_0441.jpg

this is El Morro as seen from San Cristobal (El Morro is the more interesting of the two IMO, so if you can only see one, that's the one to choose - though San Cristobal is much closer to the pier)

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

Our first view of the Summit (for this year) from the top of San Cristobal...

IMG_3486.jpg

the door of Marmalade - it is easy to miss if you don't know where you are going - it is on the plaza end of Fortalezza street - not the governor's mansion end...

IMG_3453.jpg

After walking around and seeing the forts - and, of course, buying my husband an actual Panama hat and me some handmade tagua nut jewelry, we decided to head for lunch

IMG_0435.jpg

(I took the photo so I could be certain to remember the name of the nut. It is apparently native to PR and easily made into very cool looking and extremely lightweight jewelry)

Tried something new - I have read many reviews of The Parrot Club, but had not ever been there - it's vacation, right?! Time to try something new.

IMG_3454.jpg

We were not disappointed - hubby had a delicious grilled grouper and I had empanadillas with rice and beans. To be honest, my favorite dish of the day was the rice and beans - just so flavorful and authentic. Ok, that wasn't the WHOLE truth, my favorite dish of the day was the Caiprihina and my husband's was the mojitini. Just to be clear, these are not weak drinks... but they are good!

IMG_0444.jpg

After a couple of these, and a final phone call to our kids and our parents who were nice enough to watch our kids, we decided it was time to walk back to the hotel, collect our bags and head for the ship.

Loving your report. I can'wait for the rest! Your pictures are wonderful! You have a great eye.

How do you post your pictures instead of links to pictures? Thanks for taking the time to share!

Thanks much - most of these pictures were taken with my iPhone5 - it's camera is actually better than my Canon, though not as easy to use:-)

To post an actual picture in the bigger size, you have to use a third party hosting site. I use photobucket - it's free and easy. Just upload your pics there and copy the link and there's the picture. The link you want to copy is the last choice - it's on the right of the page.

Archived