Star Princess Aft Balcony D735

rachl143

Looking for photos and information about the aft balcony cabin on the Star D735.

I just moved to an aft balcony because we are sailing in Alaska and this one opened up but it says "beam". The aft thread was hard to tell in the small photos of the entire aft of the ship.

If anyone has stayed in D735 or D734 on the star or golden and has photos or information to pass on it would be extremely helpful.

Looking for photos and information about the aft balcony cabin on the Star D735.

I just moved to an aft balcony because we are sailing in Alaska and this one opened up but it says "beam". The aft thread was hard to tell in the small photos of the entire aft of the ship.

If anyone has stayed in D735 or D734 on the star or golden and has photos or information to pass on it would be extremely helpful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951

• 5 months later...
This makes the balcony seem rather cave-like. Is it really that dark and enclosed?

Well...that picture was taken at about 10pm so it was starting to get a bit darker. However, that is a good observation...it is fully covered up to the glass rail. It is a very private balcony.

Here are some pictures that I took during the day...you can see the sun on the deck, but still a lot of shadow.

We spent a lot of time on the balcony and never once did the question of light come up. So in person, I guess it was not a big deal for my wife and I.

EDIT: On second thought, the balcony may not be fully covered up to the glass rail...there might be a few feet without overhead cover I don't remember.

photo(34).jpg.333912975a3b8d0e387b2c2501d60897.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg.21847e15b4c5b81a80aa5eeb8d3156ff.jpg

Edited by CityByTheSea

We stayed in the suite right next door to that cabin in March on the Star. It is a completely covered balcony but much deeper than the usual balcony. The size of the cabin did not seem much larger than the normal balcony cabins. You'll hear the roar of the wake which to us was fine, but some might not enjoy the white noise. It is very private and I wouldn't hesitate to book back there again.

• 10 months later...
To those who have posted replies and pictures about this cabin, thank you. I'm getting ready to book Cabin 735 on the Star Princess, and I was wondering what is next to it, and does it make noise? I don't mind wake noise.

I didn't post any pics, but I have stayed in D735 for 15 days to Hawaii. It was great. It didn't feel cave like. Beam on the side...no problem at all. Great privacy and usable rain or shine and not windy at all.

The white space next to it I believe is for crew use only. We never saw any crew there. I'd book again in a heartbeat!

• Thanks 1