Are there any lines that offer live poker??

mbalmr71

I am hoping for live poker too ~ we are using RCCL ~ if it's a computer, I have decided I will have to play blackjack. I can play from the house on a computer so I just can't consider that gambling on a cruise (in my bedroom in my pj's it's gambling :) )

I'll let you know when I get back what happened on the ship we go on. I have read that RCCL will offer live dealers & tournies but I have no idea what ships.

Here's to hoping you find a live dealer. Hopefully others will post. I did ask a few days ago but the replies had as much info as others could supply it just didn't contain specifics.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Explorer of the Seas yesterday and they had a live poker table. Qualifying tournament every night with the grand winner on the last night winning a free cruise on the Oasis of the Seas with an entry into their Grand Tournament for all the winners. Besides the qualifying tournament every evening, afterwards there was a lively cash game going the whole evening with the table being full whenever I checked on it.

My wife played poker here for the first time and loved it. She had previously only played the electronic poker pro on Carnival ships.

Dicenator

Have been on the NCL Jade and Pearl they both had 1 live NL 1/2 game going on every night and probably some tournaments. I agree really don't like the computer tables. The black jack is also frequently realllly bad those continuously shuffling machines which is the worst most unpredictable black jack you can play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Love to play poker but not a huge fan of the poker pro computerized tables I have seen on my last 2 ships (Princess and Carnival). Does anyone know of ships that have live dealer games?

Yesa, Royal Carrib does.

• 1 month later...
Thanks! What Ships? Does anyone know if that is a standard across the line? I would definately be in for a tourney to win a free cruise.

I played live on Navigator but the dredded machine on Liberty and freedom.

its not the same as having cards and chips in the hand also i was much more fun and social when we had the cards and chips.

• 3 weeks later...

The HAL ships we have been on in the last few years have had live poker.

A tournament or a cash game in the afternoon and a cash game in the evening.

Most recently on the Zaandam and Amsterdam.

Rockfan2

AHOY SHIPMATES

HOLLAND AMERICA ships have live tex hold em if they dont have the (hardly ever works) computer table. usually not many experienced dealers but can be very pleasant game if there arent any self proclaimed "experts" in the game. The rule book is about the size of a Bible and has a few variations in table proceedures but nothing to get very upset over. Max house drag is 10% up to $5. Watch them closely if they are new

The asst manager or host is always avail to settle any disputes They will start a game with minimum of 4 players. Best way to attract a full table. When it's a fun group its not uncommon to get a round of free drinks etc In my experience RCL runs a terrible game=high drag no dealer control etc.

Hope to see ya'll on a future cruise on a long cruise this fall on Maasdam or Princendam

Max buyin is $100 so every one can afford it within reason

GARY

AHOY SHIPMATE, Shuffle up and deal. On Holland America Blinds are $1. and $2. no limit with $100. max buy in. Rebuys are $30-min and not to exceed the $100. max including your stack.

It may be higher on NCL. They are very cutthroat compared to the other lines I've been on.

AHOY SHIPMATE, Shuffle up and deal. On Holland America Blinds are $1. and $2. no limit with $100. max buy in. Rebuys are $30-min and not to exceed the $100. max including your stack.

It may be higher on NCL. They are very cutthroat compared to the other lines I've been on.

Can you give a bit more information on NCL cutthroat compared to others ?

I'm sailing on NCL Jade in 6 weeks and i love nothing better than a good social game of poker having a few beers , but I play to win and all information is gratefully recieved.

[/color][/color]

Can you give a bit more information on NCL cutthroat compared to others ?

I'm sailing on NCL Jade in 6 weeks and i love nothing better than a good social game of poker having a few beers , but I play to win and all information is gratefully recieved.

NCL rakes their live poker at 10% rounded up with a maximum rake of $25 per hand.

• 1 month later...
AHOY SHIPMATES

HOLLAND AMERICA ships have live tex hold em.... Max house drag is 10% up to $5. Watch them closely if they are new....

In my experience RCL runs a terrible game=high drag no dealer control etc.

NCL rakes their live poker at 10% rounded up with a maximum rake of $25 per hand.

I will not play at a poker table with a 10% rake! As one other poster stated... it is robbery.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...