Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

we were at PB today. I asked for you a few times Tom. Once you were busy then another time they said you went inot town.

Had a great day. Rented the wave runners, very fun!!

My 8 year old loved all the water toys especially the kyacks & iceberg.

Good rum punches too!

It was pretty crowded today.

Only one more day on this beautiful Valor!

What was the rental rate for the wave runners?

Thanks!

OK, you guys have sold me on PB. I think that is where we will spend most of the day. But suppose that we want to walk next door and use the jet skiis. Do we have to pay the $12 each admission fee to that beach also (in addition to the rental fee for the wave runners)?

OK, you guys have sold me on PB. I think that is where we will spend most of the day. But suppose that we want to walk next door and use the jet skiis. Do we have to pay the $12 each admission fee to that beach also (in addition to the rental fee for the wave runners)?

No charge for chairs, umbrellas at Paradise Beach. I am only aware of state parks charging admission (like Chankanaab).

Another positive review of Paradise Beach: we spent our day (July 29) in Cozumel at PB. Lots of beach loungers (free! a nice change not have to fork over $$ to rent), great staff, clean restrooms, and plenty of cold Sols! The food we had was also great. Thanks to the hurricane, the water nearest the beach wasn't very clear, but I was pleasantly surprised with the snorkeling out a few yards.

Really enjoyed meeting Tom - thanks again to him and his staff for a great day!

Todd & Tami

The first 20-30 feet is rocky. And I'm talking underwater boulders. You really need to watch your step - if you don't, you could really wreck yourself. And wear some type of foot protection. Once you get out past the rocks, it's just sand.

Just returned from the Valor where we were scheduled for the Allinclusive at Nachi-Cocom but it was closed due to hurricane damage. Had read so many raves about PB we decided to go there. From the pier to PB, EVERY tree along the way was damaged as were many buidlings although not extensively. we arrived at PB about 12:30 and it was CROWDED. No chairs to be found but employees brought more. it is not a big beach so people are lined up in 5 rows shoulder to shoulder.

The good- the employees. they hustle like crazy. From bringing in the chairs, cleaning them off; waiting on people, there are no slackers. the food was pretty good too.

the bad- the beach. very small and very rocky. Very dirty but that may have been from the hurricane or tide. Workers were sifting all day trying to clean it up. Food servicew slow but that may have been from so many people being there and other employees helping repair some damaged buildings or their own homes.

the ugly- FLIES BY THE HUNDREDS! I couldnt stand it anymore and went to the bar area to get some food. When i went back to get my towel, the flies were relentless. People were leaving cause they had flies all around them, on their food, in their drinks. Again, the hurricane may have caused an increase but it was very unpleasnt.

All in all i had a horrible time at PB. Couldnt wait to get out of there. For any one venturing to Cozumel in the next few weeks you may want to ask about the condition of the place you are going not only at PB but across the island. Also for anyone whose ship gets in at 11:00 like the Valor, you may want to look for another place to go. I can't imagine what PB is like when there are 8 or more ships in port on the same day like in january. There were 4 in port last friday.

SunFunCruiser- You stated it was "pretty crowded". The day we are going we will not get there until after noon...is it going to be a challenge finding 3 chairs and an umbrella, or do they have plenty to go around?

We didn't get there until after noon. The staff found us 6 chairs in a row.

I think people were actually leaving by the time we got there. lol

We also went to PB last Friday...I guess after all the positive posts I was expecting more. By the time we got there it was very crowded ..when we asked if there were any more umbrellas an employee just pointed down the beach and said "maybe down there" ...well, we ended up finding some chairs under trees but, had to deal with a bird that kept pooping on us. Of course later, we saw an employee bringing an umbrella to some young, cute girls...guess the almost 40 and not as skinny crowd didn't warrent one. I thought the food was bland and it took a long time to get it..I was extremely dissapointed that the little 10 oz drinks were $2 a piece for tea or coke and NO refills...what?! Teenagers can drink one in one swallow!! After we finished eating the waiter told us there was a "problem" with the credit card machine and he needed cash. I asked him what would have happened if we didn't have any..his answer was he would have to go talk to a manager and that would take a long time. Overall, PB was disapointing and I wish I hadn't wasted $24 in cab fare.

The condition of the beach must have a lot to do with the hurricane damage. We were there in June and the beach was very nice, not rocky. As far as the prices, they are a bit high, but that's expected since they don't charge for admission or chair rental. We were prepared for the prices because they are posted on their website.

On a side note: My kids just went to an amusement park here in California (Great America). Small sodas were $3! One of my sons had the hot dog "meal deal"---hot dog, curly fries and small soda for $9.50! :eek: Prices are just high anywhere where tourists go.

Sorry some didn't have the best time. I'm sure the crowds were due to lack of other places being open.

Anywho, when I was on the Valor I stopped off at Paradise Beach and there were no crowds, at least 6 ships in port, and spring break to boot.

And no flies!

UyrdrcfjDoerWGMIH1bno5c+E9OVF9Nk0300.jpg

nxUlziXcY+-CKVSskC6EJ5GXK2Mc1HGn0300.jpg

No waiting for food

HDE0PwFO4IJlHVc9KIGXSvhLxr3Qu7Fr0300.jpg

I bet the tress do look different:

shcREgn+NsbfiA4eTwqWuNEURaIK9TSc0300.jpg

DsuAyoXDp97R6L1hrulbhSuxagibroB60300.jpg

We were at Paradise Beach on Saturday. Had a good time but it wasn't quite what I had expected after all I had read about it. The staffers were very efficient and friendly and the kids had a great time on the water toys, but the water quality wasn't very good (which I'm sure was because of the recent bad weather). It was, however, much better farther down the beach and I did some snorkeling down there. I had to put on my water shoes because there were some rocks in the water and it wasn't comfortable to walk in the water without the shoes (I am a tender-foot). Nice clean restrooms, though, and the fresh-water shower felt good. Drinks were good and reasonably priced for a tourist area. Didn't try the food but it looked good. We got there fairly early and were able to snag chairs and an umbrella. When we left, it was getting very crowded and I was glad we went early and left before it got crowded. I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the water had been clearer...maybe next time.

When we visited PB last month, the water was stirred up thanks to Hurricane Dennis, but there weren't many rocks to speak of. Our visit mirrored zydecocruiser's pictures. Didn't have "the fly" experience either, but I can understand that weather changes can bring on the flies - here in upstate NY, my camping experience is that the flies often show up right before a storm rolls through. At the Jersey Shore, the horseflies are notorious!

Paradise Tom:

Coming on the Mariner 08/28..need anything from the states? I am looking forward to meeting you since you are so famous on the CC boards. Have an anniversay in Jan...what about a trip there...what is the weather like in January?:confused:

Hi:

We are going to be in Cozumel the week of 8/15...my question is this: do we bring towels with us from the ship or does PB provide towels (for a price of course :D ) Thanks so much- so looking forward to this:)

Archived