Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach!

dreamydancer617

The food is very safe at PB. I've had the pleasure twice and both times loved it. We went back this year to get those wonderful nachos! I'm going back next month and I'll be sure to stop there and have some more. No worries about the food or drink here.

I am not PB Tom, but you are talking of my fav beach in Coz so....

does PB take credit, cash or both- whcih credit-Amex, visa, MC

They take master Card and Visa

how far is PB from Chankanaab

It's an easy cab ride between Chankanaab and PB. The distance is about 4 miles and the fare should be around $7-10 for up to 4 passengers. There are always plenty of cabs at Chankanaab to transport you and more at Paradise Beach to get you back.

more info at

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/home_pbeach.php

My family and I just returned from Rhapsody of the Seas on july 24th. The weather throughout our cruise was less than perfect...torrential downpours in Cayman and rain along with post hurricane damage in Cozumel...however, we had the greatest day at Paradise Beach!!! Our kids played in the water and absolutely loved it!! My husband and I had fabulous chips, salsa, guacamole and quesadillas...not to mention Dos Equis and Sol!! We even got to meet PB TOM!!! My husband has been to many islands and beaches and said that PB was his best beach experience!! I highly recommend it!! Thanks again Tom for such a great day..and thank Arturo for us too!!! I hope your beautiful island will recover soon from all the damage!!

Take care,

J and Family

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS!!!

We are going to PB next week, and we can't wait! My kids will be 11 (DD), 8 & 7 (DS's). How old were your kids, and did they do the water trampoline, etc., or is that really for older kids?

What time did you arrive at PB, and was it crowded?

Thanks for all the info. Glad you had a great time.

Patti

We are going to PB next week, and we can't wait! My kids will be 11 (DD), 8 & 7 (DS's). How old were your kids, and did they do the water trampoline, etc., or is that really for older kids?

Patti[/quote

What day will you be there- we'll be there on Friday and I have a 10DS and 12DD-we plan to do climbing wall and tramp too!!

hlsess...would love to answer your questions but the rules of the board prohibit me from doing so. Thanx to the OP's for the answers!

mgcoiso...Thanks for the great review, so glad you had a great time with us!

Cozumel continues to return rapidly to normal...we just got our electricity back at the beach today! Time to turn off the generators :)

Thanx again, will pass the thanks along to Arturo...hasta la vista!

Paradise Tom,

My daughters and I will be there Aug. 5. We are doing the Royal Dolphin Swim at 10:00 so should be at Paradise Beach around 12:00. Hope you will be there. We are looking forward to meeting you. Is there anything we can bring you?

Patti

Patti and hlsess - Our 9 YO did the water trampoline, while our 14 YO wore out the iceberg. I think the younger kids may be leery of the iceberg, depending on their swimming skills. We arrived at PB around 12:30 (went to mini golf first), ordered lunch (nachos for DH and I, chicken fingers for the kids), and enjoyed the beach. Not crowded, plenty of room. Food was great (as were the margaritas for DH and I). Had a wonderful day!

Patti and hlsess - Our 9 YO did the water trampoline, while our 14 YO wore out the iceberg. I think the younger kids may be leery of the iceberg, depending on their swimming skills. We arrived at PB around 12:30 (went to mini golf first), ordered lunch (nachos for DH and I, chicken fingers for the kids), and enjoyed the beach. Not crowded, plenty of room. Food was great (as were the margaritas for DH and I). Had a wonderful day!

Thanks- is there just a plain tramp that you don't have to pay extra for and how was mini golf -we plan to do that after PB on way back to ship- is it far away? How much was it? Thanks again!!

what about the food issue-we'll be there for lunch-are there things to stay clear away from? Thanks again

The food is wonderful and perfectly safe. We had the Ceviche which is made with raw fish and it was the freshest I've had. We also had the nachos, guacamole, quesadillas....you get the drift.

Oh, and my kids ages 13 & 11 also had the food and there were no upset stomaches to report.

Can't wait to go back, we'll be there on the Mariner next month!

There is another ship in port the day we are there...will it be crowded? By crowded, I mean difficult to grab 3 loungers and an umbrella? We won't get there till after lunch b/c we are visiting Sally that morning for massages....DOn't want to have to walk up and down the beach looking for a chair after I just got a massage! :)

What r your experiences with chairs and umbrellas?? DO they charge for these?

Where did you see a port schedule so far in advance ( 8/5). We will be there 8/4 and would like to know how many ships will be in port. I looked on the Cozumel Insider schedule and it only goes up to 7/31.

Thanks, Janet:confused:

Where did you see a port schedule so far in advance ( 8/5). We will be there 8/4 and would like to know how many ships will be in port. I looked on the Cozumel Insider schedule and it only goes up to 7/31.

Thanks, Janet:confused:

Check cruisecal.com. It will give you the schedule for all ports. The day we were at PB, there were 3 ships in port.

Thanks- is there just a plain tramp that you don't have to pay extra for and how was mini golf -we plan to do that after PB on way back to ship- is it far away? How much was it? Thanks again!!

hlsess - No plain trampoline. With Conquest docking at Puerta Maya, mini golf is in one direction (downtown - about 3 miles, I think) and PB is in the other (I think 8 miles?). We did mini golf first (figuring it would be cooler in the morning - WRONG!) and then went to PB. It was very easy getting a cab from Puerta Maya into town, and then from mini golf we just walked down to the main street along the beach, caught a cab and went out to PB. It was $12 for all five of us to go from downtown to PB. If I remember correctly, mini golf is $7 US pp. (Might have been cheaper for the little guys, but can't remember:confused: ) We had a great time there - it's a good mini golf course for both adults and kids (it certainly challenged our 14 YO who wants to go out for the golf team next year), and they loved seeing the turtle, parakeets and iguanas. We had the radios so we could order drinks, and along about the 11th hole were brought iced-down cloths to cool down with. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

I just read a review where the person was in Cozumel this week and paid $60. Round trip to go from the Conquest to Nachi Cocum. Now she didn't say for how many people - but that seems a little high. She said the driver couldn't reach it the normal route - then it wasn't even open. Was she taken advantage of or do you really have to take an alternate route to get to the beach clubs in that area? And I find it hard to believe that the driver didn't know it wasn't open??We are looking at going to PB next Friday (August 5th).

Thanks ----

Hey Tom, Caro and Sally --

Well - It is finally MY turn to come see you folks. I hope nothing happens to fudge it all up. We will be in Coz on August 5th. I have a box of stuff for the school kids and "a little" something for each of you. We like to get to the beach early so we will probably be on the first ones there. You open at 10 right? If you missed it please answer my question about the roads and the cab ride.

We are arriving in Cozumel on Sunday Nov 6th and was wondering if Paradise Beach is open on that day for business as usual . How about the Parasailing on Sunday ?

Also, is Los Cinco Soles open on Sunday ? If yes, what are the hours ?

Regards, George

mcbor...looking forward to meeting you all...I'll be around!

Thanx for the generous offer, but I don't really need anything right now...ohh! wait! If you happen to pass by a "BODY SHOP" could you pick me up a couple of sticks of cocoa butter for my wife? It's the roll-on stick, NOT the cream. She's running out and is starting to panic...stretch mark-free so far and wants to keep it that way! No worries if you can't, I realize that it might not be convenient...see you soon!

nybumkin...thanx again for the review:)

MEGADAN...thanx as well...see ya in a month!

bevo, Jon Strayer....not allowed to answer your Q's since I work at PB, but the answers are out there!

Chocolots...here's a direct link for ya....http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=30

sea u onboard...looking forward to seeing you again, thanx so much for thinking bout the Chrysalis kids, the school year starts next month and the supplies will be appreciated! http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/chrysalis/

The taxi price sounds right if it was a van, they charge twice a regular taxi plus 2-3 bucks so $60USD round trip is right on. Not sure what the problem with the road was, I was out exploring the morning of the hurricane and had no problem driving and entering some beach clubs, including NC.

Anyway, the roads have been cleared of debris and are back to normal now, with the exception of the east side road...that could take a long while.

Hasta pronto!

How is the snorkeling at Paradise Beach?
I'll give you the answer I read. the snorkeling at PB has been greatly improved by the addition of a dock. Snorkeling from a sandy beach isn't usually very good. If you go to the end of the dock to snorkel, it will be considerably better.

The best snorkeling is found where the shoreline is rocky.

What are the hours at PB....the kids and I will be there in August and wondered what the hours were...we have the Dolphin swim at Chankanaab from 12-3, but I am trying to fit PB in as well....especially if the park is closed except for the swim...thanks in advance for any answers!

hi going to paridise on august 13. how deep is the water around iceberg, and tramoline. can you see fish while paddling in the kayaks? how was the beach was water clear? was beach rocky? did you snorkle, how was it? thanks gary

Archived