Lets Talk NCL shore excursions

vols_159

Yes the price is the same unless they are offering a promo online for advance booking. They do this for some Hawaiian excursions because they have to commit in advance for 5/6/7/8 hundred people, they also own the tour company in Hawaii called Adventure tours and they supply all the buses for NCL excursions so NCL has to keep everybody working and of course try to make a profit.

As for excursions for the ports your asking about you should go to each board for eac port. There you will find all the most popular tours and places to go.

It a depends on what you want to do for an excursion. We did all private excursions and had a great time

Roatan- Victor Bodden for island tour

Belize - VIV tours for cave tubing

Costa Maya - Maya Chan for the best beach day

In Cozumel we just shopped and hit Margaritaville

In Roatan we were supposed to do the Tabyana beach party but it got canceled due to rain and wind. I was very upset because this got awesome reviews on cc. Last time in Cozumel we just wandered around the port shops area. This time we are going to nachi cocum beach on our own. I can't wat. Definitely make plans on each stop or you will regret it. Some islands like samana or Belize we just stay on the ship and enjoy the empty pool and jacuzzis. Also mingle with the bar staff who is bored from lack of customers. I have no desire to wait and take tenders to shore.

Lets talk about shore excursions... Is the price online the same on the ship? And What NCL excursions did you take in Belize Costa maya Rotan Cozumel

Yeah more or less... There won't be much difference if any. The only risk is having the excursion sold out before boarding.

Belize- We did the Lamanai runs tour thru NCL. It takes ALL DAY but really was a pretty good excursion. You really see and learn a little about everything Belize and learn a lot about the Mayan ruins and lifestyle. I recommend it!

Isla Roatan- We did the Tabayna Beach break.. It was really good! Did it thru CCL. One trip we stayed on the ship because it was raining.... There is a LOT to do on Isla Roatan. This time we are doing a private tout with Rony's tour and PLANNING on doing some zip lining!

Costa Maya- MOST will do a beach-break type thing there on their on.. We went to Maya Chan last time and it was great! This time we are going to Tropicante!

Cozumel- I always pick the Cozumel excursion LAST. Best BEST 2 excursions I have ever done was the Harley tour of Cozumel and Mexican Cooking and tasting. You will have an absolute BLAST on either!!!

In Roatan we were supposed to do the Tabyana beach party but it got canceled due to rain and wind. I was very upset because this got awesome reviews on cc. Last time in Cozumel we just wandered around the port shops area. This time we are going to nachi cocum beach on our own. I can't wat. Definitely make plans on each stop or you will regret it. Some islands like samana or Belize we just stay on the ship and enjoy the empty pool and jacuzzis. Also mingle with the bar staff who is bored from lack of customers. I have no desire to wait and take tenders to shore.

Tatyana and Nachi are wonderful beaches. We have been to each of them twice. Sorry you missed Tabyana, maybe next time.

Yes the price is the same unless they are offering a promo online for advance booking. They do this for some Hawaiian excursions because they have to commit in advance for 5/6/7/8 hundred people, they also own the tour company in Hawaii called Adventure tours and they supply all the buses for NCL excursions so NCL has to keep everybody working and of course try to make a profit.

As for excursions for the ports your asking about you should go to each board for eac port. There you will find all the most popular tours and places to go.

Our experience on a 1/20 cruise. Most shorexs were$0.99 more on board than they had been on line, but a couple were $9.99 less. Don't ask me to explain why.

The only time I pre book an excursion is if I really really want to do it. Otherwise, we like to just roll with what comes up. Honestly I havent had any that were sold out yet. Its been close a couple of times tho! ;)

Of course we tend to pick the most active ones, and those arent always booked up unless theres a ship of adventurers like us. ;)

We took the ship's excursions. For the most part I've found NCL excursions more reasonably priced than some other lines' ship's tours. Had we been traveling with others, we might have tried some private vendors.

We went to Lamanai from Belize. This was the highlight of our cruise. DH was thrilled to be able to climb the high temple. The boat ride there was a trip in itself with stops to view wildlife on the way.

We went to ruins again from Costa Maya...Kuhanich...likely misspelled...Both of these tours had expert Mayan guides. They had worked on various university excavations and were very knowledgeable.

In Roatan we went snorkeling. The weather was rainy and windy and we were not able to get to the usual place on the reef. We did snorkel and it was okay but we were disappointed not to get to the reef.

In Cozemel we went to Tulum. We enjoyed this beautiful Mayan site as well, although it is not remote like the other two and much more crowded with tourists. Absolutely beautiful views and beach area. Some on the tour took advantage of the beach with the free time. We spent it viewing the ruin area as that is why we took this cruise.

I recommend all the Mayan tours above. Not sure what could be done about Roatan given the weather or if one can wait and book something at the dock depending on the weather at the time. I did see a Victor Bodden booth at the dock and that might have been a good alternative.

Belize - Barrier Reef Snorkeling and Beach Break. Very fun, great group of guides.

Cozumel - Salsa & Salsa...absolutely amazing. Non-stop food and never ending margaritas. We have been making the guacamole and salsa's since we got home and they are great even without the magaritas!

Archived