Need help choosing between 2 itineraries...

mom22tinks

I am looking at two different itineraries on the Breeze.

The first is a 6 day to ocho rios, grand Turk and Nassau for $2,200.

The second is an 8 day to St. Thomas, st. Marten, grand Turk and San Juan for $2,900.

The second one is more appealing to me, except for the price. I would appreciate anyone's idea as to which I should choose. Thanks

The second is an 8 day to St. Thomas, st. Marten, grand Turk and San Juan for $2,900.

The second one is more appealing to me, except for the price. I would appreciate anyone's idea as to which I should choose. Thanks

I would choose the second one. Nicer ports and a longer cruise. Win win in my opinion

an extra $350 a day for another 2 days, over a 6 day at a reasonable price? Meh, the 2nd cruise is more appealing, but that extra price ($700) could pay for your entire S&S on the 6-day, with tips, drinks, bingo, excursions, etc - or for any extra $700, you could book another cruise for two!

They both sound uber expensive with the 6 day being $366 per day and the 8 day being $362 per day......what kind of cabin are you looking at and is there any way to economize there?

I just did the 8 day in an Inside cabin for $216 per day.

Having said that, not only since the 8 day is cheaper per day, but also it's a much better cruise and I 2nd others that even 8 days isn't long enough to see and do everything on this ship......

We were actually on a B2B combining the 6 and 8 days and still didn't see it all.

I understand the issue with price, as dont get to travel often, and save very hard to do so, but in this case I would do my utmost to save for the second itinerary. For me; 8 days is always better than 6 or 7, and I also like the second itinerary better. You hve one extra port, plus they are all very nice ports IMO. I have no problem with the first itin, but many cruisers dont like Jamaica or Nassa ( I do ), but just saying for 700.00 you get two extra days of cruise plus 4 very nice ports.

Whichever you choose, have a great cruise.:)

Thanks for all the input. It is 4 of us and the prices are for a balcony. I was definitely leaning towards the second one since I like the ports better but the hubster was wanting to cheap out.... I think I may just go ahead and book the second one ;)

Thanks for all the input. It is 4 of us and the prices are for a balcony. I was definitely leaning towards the second one since I like the ports better but the hubster was wanting to cheap out.... I think I may just go ahead and book the second one ;)

If you don't mind an inside, price either the Lido or Panorama deck. If I were to do an inside, I would do it on either one of these decks because you are just steps to outside (verses paying $$$ for a balcony).

We decided on the 6 day but mostly because we are traveling with our daughter who will be 10 months at the time of sailing. We probably will not get to do much in port besides a beach day, walk about the port area, or just hang out on the ship. If it was just me and my husband we would have done the 8 day. I found those ports much more appealing.

I vote for the 8-day. Longer is better. I love St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Never been to the Bahamas but I've read a lot of complaints about cruising there on these boards. And Ocho Rios was not a place we wanted to spend much time, either. We did the Dunn's River Falls, and it was fun, but it was very hard to escape the locals trying to guilt or force you into buying their junk there. St. Maarten is one of my favorite ports.

Definitely the 8 day !

Grand Turk - Gorgeous, but comes up in a lot of cruise itineraries

Jamaica - Never been

Nassau - Been there done that 2 times too many...nothing there unless your a fan of Atlantis (not).

The 8 day ports are far more appealing, and I love St. Maarten (french side for Beaches, Dutch side for shopping !

Depending when you are booking for, the farther out, the more time you have to save :D

Have a fantastic cruise no matter what you choose.

If you go into port and want to feel safe then definitely pick the 2nd one. Jamaica is unsafe and since you are going to have a baby with you that makes you even more of a target. I've recently been to both San Juan and St. Marten, and they are both beautiful ports. If you like shopping St. Marten has great shopping, and with a little one in tow shopping and eating are about all you could do. San Juan has great restaurants within walking distance to the pier.

Just my opinion, but I haven't lost a thing in Ocho Rios. Would never go back there on purpose again. :eek:

Grand Turk doesn't have much to brag about either as far as I'm concerned.

Never been to San Juan yet, but definitely see an appeal to go. For me and because I've been to St. Thomas and St. Maarten, I'd take the second choice for sure. In fact, I am looking at a St. Thomas/San Juan itinerary on the Dream for my next cruise.

Happy Sails! ;)

Archived