Speciality dining - beforehand or on board?

cshim

We are going on the Silhouette in May and we want to book Murano's for a special night (my partners 40th)

As we want a particular night, is it better to book on the web site beforehand or just book when we get on board. The meal will be on the 6th day into our cruise.

If you want a special date/time, then I would definitely book it ahead of time online. That way you know you have it taken care of.

If you don't want to pay for it in advance and the time isn't that important, there is a good chance you can get the date you want if you book it the first day you board.

My husband and I ate at all the specialty restaurants on Silhouette, some more than once. The first couple of times, the restaurants weren't very crowded but towards the end of the cruise, they were full each time.

BTW, we loved Muranos - ate there twice. Both times the food and service were amazing!

I agree that if you want a specific date and time then book in advance.

A handy tip is that if you book in advance and then get on the ship and change your mind you can either:

1. Change your reservation or another day/time

2. Cancel your reservation, you must do this 24hrs before the reservation and they will credit your on board account with the payment you made in advance

Sometimes I book in advance and then change my mind etc on board always safe in the knowledge that you do not lose your money

If a certain night is needed then you must book in advance. If for some reason you can't get your desired time of the evening in advance then book it anyways and see if you can get it adjusted once on board.

Generally speaking the shorter the cruise the quicker the specialty restaurants will get booked up. Reservations get booked up pretty quickly the 7 night sailings we've taken, are pretty open and easy to get on the 14 night sailings we've been on and the 10/11 night sailings fall in between.

Agree with everyone else to book early. I made several reservations last summer on the Equinox for Murano on the sea days. Avilable times were getting tough as we got closer to sailing. No worries to change once on board.

I know I read somewhere in my research that they often have specials on board for specialty dining ie. eat at 2 restaurants get 3rd for discount (something like this, can't remember exact promotion...) - my question is if you reserve in advance can you apply these promotions if you reserved pre cruise? I guess my same question applies to Spa treatments- if they are running a special, but you already booked can it be applied to your pre- reserved spa treatment?

Thanks!!

We are sailing on Reflection in March and I purchased the Specalty Restaurant 5 pack. Got 2 nights at Tuscan grill, 1 night at Muranos, 1 night at QSine and 1 night at Lawn Club grill. Came out to be a 33% discount. The only issue is they book the first night for you then you have to book the remander when you get on board. I have been told that if you go online and book them after you paid for the package and get the times you want, mind you you have to pay again online to lock up your time slot, they will credit you the fees you paid once you get onboard. I know the first thing I'm doing when I get onboard.....ZOOM...right to the restaurants to get my reservation times. I hope that wasn't to complicated. That's what I was told by the gentleman from Celebrity I made the purchase from..:)

Archived