Sun Cabin 4254

Starry Eyes

With an OV guarantee booking, we were assigned stateroom 4254 for our recent cruise on the NCL Sun. I knew it was a porthole cabin, the last one on starboard side of deck 4, right next to "white space" on the deck plan. Once assigned, I searched CC and found nothing about this specific cabin. So, I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Now post cruise, I wish to add some info for future cruisers considering the cabin.

Cabin 4254 on the Sun is a decent cabin. The porthole window is about 30 inches in diameter; it allows plenty of light and a nice view of the water. We were delighted to discover the "white space" on the deck plan aft of this cabin is the officers' mess...The entrance to the officers' mess is around a jog in the hallway, so plenty of privacy for officers and guests. We never heard a peep through the wall...one could not wish for better neighbors.

Being low on the ship, there was a hum from the engine with mild vibration felt in the cabin when cruising...not enough white noise or vibration to disturb us while at sea, but very sensitive people should probably avoid this whole vicinity of deck four. there was, of course, far more vibration when the thrusters were used entering and leaving ports.

just aft of the cabin there is one elevator and a staircase up to higher decks...we found the location reasonably convenient.

The Sun is an older ship, but I feel she is well maintained. There is a soft spot in the floor at the bathroom entrance...hopefully NCL will fix that before it becomes problematic. the cabin is standard OV size...so rather small. the storage was adequate for the two of us. we did not sleep on the sofa bed...it was okay as a loveseat.

I hope the cabin info helps somebody in the future...ask if you have questions.

we have a delightful 10 ten cruise. the crew, staff and officer are great. the southern caribbean itinerary was excellent for us and we were blessed with pretty nice weather. Sad to disembark.

Archived