Baby Formula Question

CruisingCamper

On RCCL does ready to feed baby formula in the small 8oz bottles have to be carried on the ship? Or can I check it with the porters?

Thanks so much! We have taken it on several cruises and always have carried it on, but I think that I read we could check it too. Much less to manage... If we could just hand it over to porters.

You can give it to the porters. But occasionally luggage goes missing .....

Thanks for the replys!

You are so right about luggage going missing:) It has happened to us once, but our bag was found on the 2nd day. It was sent to another stateroom on our deck, and the folks didn't notice the first two days bc they had not unpacked that bag yet. Of course, they had our bag and their look a like bag. I think I would have noticed before two days that I had one too many bags in my room..but who knows? It can happen.

I may just send a few in luggage and keep half with us. That way, at least if we lost luggage, we would have some.

Cross packing is a good idea, with clothes AND baby stuff! Put a bit in every bag....it would be quite rare for ALL of your luggage to go missing!

Whenever we have more than 1 suitcase, I put a bit of everyone's stuff in each bag....just in case!

On our last cruise our daughter was 7 months old. We brought most of her formula in the form of the 8oz ready to feed bottles by similac. We cross packed the bottles in my suitcase and my husbands suitcase. We also had a good supply in our carry on. I also packed a tub of powdered just in case.......which I mixed with water from the ship.

• 1 month later...

Waw I was just trying to find any post that says a 7 months old did actually cruise before. My husband was thinking of going on a 15 days Suez canal cruise (Mariner of the seas) before I go back to work. Can we actually do that?? What are the precautions? We only cruised once before as a couple; western mediteranean cruise.

I'm breast feeding but he sometimes takes the bottle and we should soon start on solid food.

Waw I was just trying to find any post that says a 7 months old did actually cruise before. My husband was thinking of going on a 15 days Suez canal cruise (Mariner of the seas) before I go back to work. Can we actually do that?? What are the precautions? We only cruised once before as a couple; western mediteranean cruise.

I'm breast feeding but he sometimes takes the bottle and we should soon start on solid food.

Check with RCCL to see what their minimum age is for that itinerary. The minimum age varies from 6 months to 1 year depending on itinerary. It is the baby's age on day of departure that matters.

^^^ the above is right - check with RCL before you book. It says "selected cruises" - and it requires 12 months. You won't have 3 consecutive days "at sea" but I would check and double check. ;)

From the RCI website:

Infants sailing on a cruise must be at least 6 months old as of the first day of the cruise and/or CruiseTour. HOWEVER: For transatlantic, transpacific, Hawaii, select South American and other selected cruises and/or CruiseTours, the infant must be at least 12 months old as of the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour. For the purposes of this policy, any cruise that has 3 or more days consecutive at sea will require infants to be 12 months old on the first day of the cruise/CruiseTour.

Archived