Fascination-- what to do for kids?

cruisingky

My family is thinking about booking a 5 day Oct. cruise to Nassau and Half Moon Cay on the Fascination. This would be my kids first cruise ever. My husband and I have only cruised twice before and that was on RCCI. Can anyone tell me about the ship and what things they will have for kids to do? I have three boys who will be 15, 11 & 8 at time of sailing. Thanks so much!!

camps are broken into age groups-

2-5

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-18

age depends on how old the kids are on the first day of sailing.

Kids camps are not opened 24/7

they become fee based at 10pm

on sea days they open at 10 and close at 12:45 for lunch and open back up at 2pm and closes again at 5 to reopen at 7.

early dining helps so it does not conflict with kid activities

later dining conflicts and kids have much down time.

This class ship has the water works water parks.

this class ship also allows 5 to a cabin with one kid sleeping on a roll away or a trundle.

could save some money-- but if the savings is low consider putting them in a room across the hall.

We saved 700 by putting 5 of us in one cabin. next few was only a 200 savings so we got two cabins

We sailed the Fascination in Nov. Our oldest DS went to Club 02, our youngest DS went to Circle C. They did a lot, and I mean a lot with their clubs, they only ate dinner with their dad and I one night (for our oldest bday dinner) other times they ate with the friends they made. Like others have said, acrade, miniature golf, the clubs, the pools, slides.

Our oldest did kaoroke (sp?) the first night, all other nights they would not let you sing unless you were 18 or older, which made no sense.

Our boys still keep in touch with their friends they made (its only been 4 months) but they still talk about the great times they had on the ship.

I was worried, there would be no kids their ages, that was completely wrong, worried they would not make friends, they are very tight so I was worried one would have issues being without his brother, but they did just fine.

Archived