Hotel San Francisco

ckl001

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good hotel preferable around Fishermans Wharf for a couple of nights stay before boarding?

Thanks

Chez

Tuscan Inn (Best Western) very reasonable prices

Cow Hollow in the Marina District - very reasonable prices, nice area, tons of restaurants nearby http://www.cowhollowmotorinn.com/

Most areas in San Francisco have great public transportation. For less expensive Cow Hollow is good. Union Square area is close to restaurants and shopping, China Town, and the Ferry Building. Fishermans Wharf is nice but Union Sq is closer to more of the tourist stuff.

The boutique hotels (a few mentioned) are some of my favorites to recommend.

They have some lovely perks (wine receptions in the eve, breakfast, sometimes car service!) and the hotel actually reflects the city it is in!

Joie de Vivre and Kimpton are my favorite boutique groups. Check them out. The Hyatt at FW is very popular and has laundry service even! All walking distance to shopping, dining, sightseeing, public transit.

Enjoy your stay!!

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good hotel preferable around Fishermans Wharf for a couple of nights stay before boarding?

Thanks

Chez

I recently had to stay overnight in SF on short notice . Went on price line , I think , and found this place . It's on Lombard just a few blocks from Van Ness . It had free parking , but sounds like you won't have a car . It was decent price , ( $70 ? ) but this was a same day reservation . King bed and a table and chairs . Room wasn't large but the bathroom was OK and it had good heat on a rainy night .And was clean .A continental breakfast in the lobby included , nothing spectacular but OK . Not a long way from Fisherman's wharf .Bobo's is supposed to be an excellent steak house within a short walk . My room was third floor so I did not hear a lot from the street . Bus line up and down Van Ness was close . A bar restaurant called The Silver Cloud is down Lombard 6 or 7 blocks .They do a $7.99 prime rib that's pretty good . If you want to hang out with a young boozing crowd the Balboa Cafe is walking distance They used to call it "The Bermuda Triangle " around there .People could lose their friends due to hookups . Close to Union street . I'm pretty cheap and I thought it to be a good value for SF . http://www.franciscobayinn.com/

Archived