Drinks carry on or checked?

Steftacular

This is confusing ... Some people say put your drinks (water/soda) in your carry on luggage.

Others say put it (water/soda) in your checked luggage.

They way I see it, if you are not worried about something breaking or carnival taking your soda/water if they see it in your checked luggage, then put it in there. But understand that they have the right to take it if they find it because it is against their policy. We brought water, pop and wine in our carry on luggage on our last cruise. Beware, they shake the water bottles and if they bubble, they take them. lol :mad: Maybe you get lucky that they don't take your pop/water if you put them in checked luggage, maybe you don't. We had to put our stuff in a backpack because of Spirit's ridiculous baggage policy but the end of this month we are going on Delta and will have a rolling carry-on bag to put the stuff in.

Also, if anyone's interesting, you can order bottles of liquor (1L) for about $50 through Carnival. Either ahead of time or while on your cruise. I know it's more than you would pay at a liquor store, but it's less than you pay getting single drinks at the bar. I didn't want to hassle with trying to smuggle anything, so we just pre-ordered 3 bottles of liquor to be delivered to our stateroom and we will carry our soda on.

Seems like many are bringing cans of soda and bottles of water onboard.

How much is Carnival charging someone for a can of coke or a small bottle of water on the boat anyway?

Like I said in another thread ... I was on a Carnival cruise a long long time ago. I don't remember needing to buy water on the boat ... So, you can't even get a glass of water without paying for it? ... WoW

Seems like many are bringing cans of soda and bottles of water onboard.

How much is Carnival charging someone for a can of coke or a small bottle of water on the boat anyway?

Like I said in another thread ... I was on a Carnival cruise a long long time ago. I don't remember needing to buy water on the boat ... So, you can't even get a glass of water without paying for it? ... WoW

Not sure what you mean about getting a glass of water? I always drink water with my meals and it is always available at the buffet dispensers :confused:

Also, if anyone's interesting, you can order bottles of liquor (1L) for about $50 through Carnival. Either ahead of time or while on your cruise. I know it's more than you would pay at a liquor store, but it's less than you pay getting single drinks at the bar. I didn't want to hassle with trying to smuggle anything, so we just pre-ordered 3 bottles of liquor to be delivered to our stateroom and we will carry our soda on.

I think you will find that $50 (plus tax) for a fifth is about equal to the cost of getting those drinks at the bar. I am pretty sure that was the reason Carnival jacked the prices up last year when using BV.

I don't understand people lugging around a case of water on check-in day until their room is ready :confused:.......The water on the ship is fine to drink, in fact it tastes better to me than what I have at home.

Can you get ice on the ship free to put in your water ... or do you have to pay for that too?

Can you get ice on the ship free to put in your water ... or do you have to pay for that too?

No, ice is free. You can either ask your room steward to keep your ice bucket full or get ice from the Lido deck. Also, if you happen to order a Bucket-O-Beer, save the bucket. It makes a much bigger and nicer ice bucket to keep several cans and bottles cold--- just set a small hand towel underneath.

BTW, someone else mentioned the taste of the water on the ship. IMHO, I will not drink the water from the cabin sink but the water dispensors on the Lido seem to have better tasting water. Maybe it's all in my head, but I even used bottled water to brush my teeth. Just a matter of opinion I suppose.

:)

I think you will find that $50 (plus tax) for a fifth is about equal to the cost of getting those drinks at the bar. I am pretty sure that was the reason Carnival jacked the prices up last year when using BV.

A liter of your favorite beverage in the bottle will provide you with approximately 22 1/2 drinks of 1 1/2 ounces. At $8.95 a drink that would equate to about $200.00. I think they raised their prices in accordance with distributor costs.

Archived