Leaving on the Breeze on 2/10....

chrisC84

From what I was told the vouchers would be almost like a credit towards the purchase of another room on the next cruise. I need to call Berkley tomorrow because they were closed all weekend bc of the storm. We originally had the main deck balcony (i tried upgrading to lido a few days before). From what I have seen on the cruise leaving the 24th, I would be staying on the Vista deck, balcony.

I got refunded for everything except insurance (obviously). The only down side to all this.....i now need to purchase my wife a Valentines Day gift....I was using the cruise as an incentive! hahaha (i was having roses delivered to her on the day of embarktion though!) :p

You have the right attitude. Good for you. Travel insurance is one of the best bargains, especially this time of year. Enjoy your cruise and let us know your thoughts when you return. Would also like to know what the parties that did not have insurance did if anything.

Carnival stated that they could write a hardship letter to guest admin. services to see if they will waive the cancellation policy. The woman stated that they had valid excuses for missing this cruise. (2.5ft. of snow, Logan airport was closed, no departing flights the next day to Miami or FLL, driving ban by the governor all day on Saturday). Driving down the coast to another airport was not an option, the storm was coming up the coast and they would have hit a blizzard, not worth it.

One party going with us, my friend and his gf, HE took the insurance, SHE didn't. Not sure what they are going to do, they may come with us in 2 weeks.

The other party, two more friends, did not take it either.

They did get a refund for the airline, govt. taxes/fees ($111.00) each.

So we had to cancel our cruise because our flight got canceled. Only flight we could get was out of New Jersey...not worth driving 5 hours, paying 500pp to fly, and parking my car there.

I did take the insurance, spoke to carnival rep. this morning and he stated that insurance company is giving cruise vouchers to book another cruise asap instead of waiting for a check in the mail, GREAT NEWS! I also got all my money back from my airline, excursions, etc.

My other friends didn't take the insurance, just me and my wife

SO WE HOPE TO CRUISE FEB. 24, EASTERN CARIBBEAN ON THE BREEZE!

I'm sorry for you but I didn't think there was any chance you would make the cruise if you left on Sunday morning. I'm glad you had insurance.

I hope your friends tried to leave earlier since they didn't have the insurance. Did they make the cruise?

Maggie

I'm sorry for you but I didn't think there was any chance you would make the cruise if you left on Sunday morning. I'm glad you had insurance.

I hope your friends tried to leave earlier since they didn't have the insurance. Did they make the cruise?

Maggie

no one made it....

Archived