Drink costs?

Kymnotkim

Since I'm trying to figure out how much to budget for my on board account, I wanted to know how much the drinks cost on board. Is there a price list per glass of the drinks, alcoholic or not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Since I'm trying to figure out how much to budget for my on board account, I wanted to know how much the drinks cost on board. Is there a price list per glass of the drinks, alcoholic or not?

All prices have been listed on the cruises i have done. Not being someone who drinks alcohol i have purchased the soda and ice-cream sticker which was $105 Aus for the two weeks which allowed me to drink as much soft drink as I liked per day as well as mocktails, milkshakes and hot chocolates.

I don't have a price list but a cocktail ranges from approximately $6-8, depending on the drink, plus 15% gratuity. For instance, a gin & tonic will cost about $6. A martini will cost between $7-8, depending on the brand of vodka. I believe canned soft drinks are about $2.50/can. You can purchase a soda package that's for unlimited fountain-dispensed (no cans) soda for about $5/pp/day.

Here are some current beverage prices from Princess' pre-cruise order form at URL:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

Unlimited Soda Package:

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523 – $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 – $8.05 per person/per day*

Canned Soda Package:

Choose any six canned sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Item #2311 – $11.75

Beer Package:

Choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck’s, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite.

Item #2310 – $23.25

Café Selects Coffee Card:

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #524 – $31

1. There are no milkshakes or thick shakes available for Ocean and Pacific Princess.
  2. Beverage package is calculated based on the total number of days of your cruise. When submitting payment, please ensure to calculate the total number of days of the cruise by the per day rate.

How do they work the 6 for 5 beer deal. Is it something registered on your card. And can this be purchased at will or only as part of the pre cruise order.

First cruise, still lots of questions.

Sent from my GS2 using Tapatalk 2

How do they work the 6 for 5 beer deal. Is it something registered on your card. And can this be purchased at will or only as part of the pre cruise order.

I was wondering that myself.

You purchase all 6 at the same time for the price of 5. You can do this anytime the bars selling it are open.

I do not know if it is also available from room service.

Is ice readily available at the coffee bar?

I want to get the coffee card, get a hot brewed coffee, add ice to my tumbler, then pour the hot coffee over the ice and add cream & sweetener. Iced Latte!

There's 1/2 & 1/2 at the coffee bar, right?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe "regular" brewed coffee is still free - the coffee card is for specialty beverages like lattes, cappucinos, and other espresso beverages.

I've heard different. That the free coffee is from liquid concentrate. :shrugs:

It's just like buying a "bucket" at a sports bar. You get 6 but you pay for 5 and they are usually served in a plastic bucket. In my experience it is available at the deck bars. These are open most of the day but sometimes they close at night. I've had waiters leave the caps on them before and then I'll just take them to my room and leave them in the mini-fridge (that I ask the steward to clean out). That way you can still take advantage of the one free beer and have a couple for walking around at night or in the room.

We found most of their specialty drinks at $7.95 + 15%... so over $9.00 each. About the same as other cruise lines and maybe slightly more than land-based.

We just finished a cruise on the Crown, RT out of Galveston and found Princess charging a "up charge" for the Coke in our Rum and Coke drinks...also found if you had the same waiter a few times they had the discretion to not add the .50.

While we enjoy different rums, Appleton's is a favorite and only Crooner's had that, Skywalker's offered Barcardi 8 and I don't remember the other lounges...

The extra charge for Coke was silly, they didn't charge extra for mixers in other drinks. If we would have had a "soft drink card", we could have skipped this charge... :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Do some of the bars still have half price cocktails after 9:00 PM? We had that on the Golden 2 years ago? Just curious if that's still available.

I have never seen the half price after 9PM. I do remember when after saying I was not interested in a drink at a show being asked if I would at half price. :D

Archived