Who Sailed the Carnival Jubilee

MrPete

We honeymooned on the Jubilee as well.... 5/24/87 I remember the "horse races" the "sceet shooting" the flaming cherries jubilee, the Baked Alaska parade, ALL the glassware including the hurricane glasses were real glass...... but with all the changes through the years, I am still addicted!:)

Wow, this brings back memories. We sailed her on a 10 day going to places I've never heard of at the time! She was our 6th cruise and having done the Fantasy class, I thought she'd feel small, but she did not.

Does anyone remember the lady lead singer with one arm? She was Fantastic!!!!!!!

• 11 months later...

I see that this thread is about a year old. We sailed the Jubilee out of Galveston in 2002 over Fall break in our schools. It was a 4-day cruise and we loved the Jubilee as she was in the same class as our first cruise on the Celebration. However, it was this cruise that convinced us that a 4-day cruise is too short. We have always taken longer cruises since then except for one cruise to nowhere as a result of a hurricane in the Gulf. We enjoyed our cruise aboard the Jubilee. I have many of the same pictures as posted above.

Edited by travel girl23

The Jubilee was my first cruise, back in July of 86. It was one of the first sailings of the ship. I booked it through Singlesworld and had a blast! Still remember the ping pong balls stuffed into a bikini competition (:D) as well as the pillow fights on the pole across the pool and shooting skeet off the back of the ship into the wake.

We sailed on Jubilee for 10 days r/t from Miami for a partial Panama Canal cruise in January, 2000. We had such a great time and I miss this class of ship. Bigger is not always better.

Edited by Taters

We sailed the Jubilee from Florida in 1987 on a 7 night cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas and San Juan. Then we sailed her several more times in 2002 when she was home ported in Galveston. Actually I just looked at our cruise history and we sailed her twice in one month in 2002. As I remember, the prices were so good the year after 9/11 that it didn't pay us to stay home. She is my husband's favorite ship.

My first cruise was on the Jubilee its the ship that got me hooked on Cruising. I believe it was in the mid 90,s to the Mexican Rivera. I had a inside room in front of the ship. Remember thinking this has to be the biggest and coolest ship in the World until it parked Next the RCL Visions of the Sea :)