Spring & Summer Cruises~~Please Post

Martha B.

Hi Martha

We are booked on the Legend April 25th, Barcelona to Nice, we have not been on the Legend yet though I doubt we will notice a difference! We are really looking forward to it. I have everything ready to put in the suitcases, I am that keen! Although having our Grandaughter for the next 2 weeks during the Easter hols may have something to do with it icon_biggrin.gif

I was so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time on your crossing, though I am glad that hubby talked me out of joining you as I get seasick while still in port icon_rolleyes.gifso I would have probably spent most of the cruise in bed!!

Daneite

Danite, I'm so happy to hear of your Legend voyage! Mother and I always enjoyed "her"~~~the only difference between the 3 Sister's is, the Legend has only one lavatory in the bath! My Brother always preferred the Legend!

Also happy you were not aboard this Crossing~~~our route via Bermuda was a last minute decision and hopefully "those in charge" will not have us soooo far North next year! A few of us on board tried to solve this route mystery~~~~we think we figured it out, but of course, will never really know the REAL reason! It certainly was NOT the "cheap gasoline"~~~~gas, in Bermuda runs 3 times more.....As to the unhappy Atlantic, I've never been in such rough waters and "praise the Lord" was only sick one morning. I know of a few that were incapacitated for days!

But, "the band played on~~~~and we all danced!" One morning I threw a silk flowered lei around my neck and announced I would be giving Hula lessons up in the Consellation lounge, but we'd all "Pearly Shells" seated in CHAIRS!!

Most all 140 guests were "Blue Water Sailors" and, afterall, this was an ocean crossing.......a fabulous time was had by all! The wonderful guests fellowship, all the parties, Trivia, the exceptionally gourmet food, etc., etc

was throughly enjoyed and many great memories were made.....

"Twenty years from now, you'll be more disappointed in things you didn't DO, than in those things you DID DO!"

MB West Texas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Martha B.:

~~~the only difference between the 3 Sister's is, the Legend has only one lavatory in the bath! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one lavatory Martha? Dont you mean only one 'washbasin' or 'handbasin' or whatever they are called in Texas... icon_razz.gif

BTW, I see you took my advice and 'updated' your Avatar pic.... you look at least 15 years younger now M... icon_wink.gif

rgds

tt

Seabourn Spirit, Pride or Legend- Who cares as long as it's sooner rather than later..countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;31;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0700

Tom......Yes, you are right again! My Mother and her Brother bathed, when they were children at the Roche ranch, in "wash tubs!" And used homemade soap my Grandmama made........in the living room by the fire! "Home, Home On The Range!" Literally!

As to my new picture~~~~I think being soooo happy on the Pride and being surrounded by handsome, debonair, and elegant Officer's, makes a lady feel 15 years younger! Thank you for your sweet compliment!

'lest we forget, "La Dolce Vita!"

MB

Daniete,

I hope that you are sticking around Nice for a few days after the cruise. If so you must go up to St Paul De Vence ( only about 8 miles outside of Nice). We always stay at the most charming little hotel tucked around a pool and orange trees with views in one direction to the Alps and to the sea in the other a five minute walk down the hill from the village. Yes, the place can be over run with tour buses ( mostly Germans and Japanese) but if you vist in the morning or the afternoon you will have the town almost to yourself. There are also some fabulous restaurants in and around the area ( skip the overpriced "famous restaurants" -- I can give you better selctions if you like). Don't leave without visiting the art museum -- a real gem. But my favorite spot, strange as it amy seem, is the cemetary perched on the most prized piece of real estate in the town on a point looking toward the Med -- when I asked someone why they would use the most valuable land in the town for the cemetary the reply was that you are going to be dead a lot longer than you are alive so you might as well have the best view. You have to love the French! Bon Voyage!

Archived