P & O Vantage Fare Price Promise

where to next?

Hi,

I see that the P & O Vantage Fare Price Promise says that if prices drop then you will get the difference in money put onto your onboard account - does this really work? Has anyone had this actually happen to them? We have booked a guaranteed cabin and so do not know our cabin number (and we won't until much later - we sail at Christmas). The Price Promise says that the deal has to be exactly the same as the one you have booked ie. flight/destination/ship/cabin so not sure how or if this would work. Any thoughts on this please?

Best regards

Alison

We had notification that the grade of cabin we booked on Arcadia for the Fjords this coming summer had gone down in price and that we were receiving extra OBC because of this - so yes it does work. It only applies to Vantage fares not Getaway fares. Assuming your Guarantee cabin is of a particular grade I would think the same applies - ring P&O and ask them.

I think a number of people were advised of additional OBC for 2013 cruises when the Vantage Fares scheme was introduced last year - we were among them. I think that all existing 'normal' bookings for qualifying dates this year were automatically converted into Vantage Fare bookings at that time.

So yes, it does seem to be working.

I think a number of people were advised of additional OBC for 2013 cruises when the Vantage Fares scheme was introduced last year - we were among them. I think that all existing 'normal' bookings for qualifying dates this year were automatically converted into Vantage Fare bookings at that time.

So yes, it does seem to be working.

But has anybody been given OBC for any reductions since the launch of Vantage fares?

But has anybody been given OBC for any reductions since the launch of Vantage fares?

It would seem that only those who made bookings before the introduction of the Vantage fare have had OBC and their bookings amended to take it in to account.

I haven't heard of anyone getting extra OBC on the new Vantage fare. P&O are just reducing the holidays by means of Getaway Fares which of course don't apply. A little crafty of them as Getaway fares were only supposed to be offered very near sailing time but they are already offering them on cruises at the end of May ! I wouldn't hold out much hope of receiving any extra OBC as they just change the rules to suit themselves.:mad:

Think P&O had to introduce Vantage Fares when they did as they must have realised that their original prices were way too high compared to other lines and the take up by passengers. Fares had to be reduced early on and they gave the OBC etc to people who had previously booked at the inflated prices. Dont think it will happen again. Fares will just go to Getaway.

Think P&O had to introduce Vantage Fares when they did as they must have realised that their original prices were way too high compared to other lines and the take up by passengers. Fares had to be reduced early on and they gave the OBC etc to people who had previously booked at the inflated prices. Dont think it will happen again. Fares will just go to Getaway.

No they were brought in to stop people moaning the price had fallen after they had booked their cruise. I do believe Cunard have done the same and it comes now generally in line with USA practice. ie. the getaway fares usually kick in after the 90 ticker, the time full amounts have to be paid.

Gan Canny

Dai

No they were brought in to stop people moaning the price had fallen after they had booked their cruise. I do believe Cunard have done the same and it comes now generally in line with USA practice. ie. the getaway fares usually kick in after the 90 ticker, the time full amounts have to be paid.

Gan Canny

Dai

That was the theory behind the Vantage fares but there are already Getaway fares available for the 31st of May. That is some 16 weeks away, not the 8 weeks that they originally inferred when promoting the Vantage fares. Selling off the unsold cabins close to departure date is par for the course, and should be expected, but I think they are using the Getaway system to bypass the benefits they promise with the Vantage system.

I will be very surprised if any OBC is added to the accounts of those booking under the Vantage fare. All you can hope is that they may upgrade existing passengers rather than new bookers, as I believe this is the alternative other than OBC.

Hi everyone, I have received a reply from P & O and they have confirmed that we are covered by their Vantage Fare Price Guarantee and if the price of the Caribbean cruise goes down then we WILL get money put onto our onboard account.....result! Its good to know that on this occasion, booking early has its bonus. We usually book quite late and have had some amazing deals, but we wanted to be sure of getting a local airport this time. Hope others find this information useful and reasuring.

Alison

Somewhat off subject, I know, but are the Getaway fares now being quoted for end May this year likely to go down any further than presently being advertised by various agents? I'm after getting a bargain, of course, but don't want to miss the boat if you'll pardon the pun!

When the Vantage fares were introduced i got additional obc for the 3 cruises i had booked for this summer. However I don't think there have been any cases of Vantage fares being reduced since they were introduced.

i wonder what will happen when the summer '14 itineries are published? If the fares are at 'pre vantage' levels I can see many people waiting until P&O panic and introduce a new vantage fare.

For a cruise this september i originally booked last july my cabin grade is sold out today but the last published price was £19 higher than i originally paid. A cabin 2 grades higher is £28 more expensive but the obc offer is £40 more. In effect the price has gone down slightly but the extra obc does NOT trigger the vantage promise. There seems little incentive to book early in this case.

ps i can't get a getaway fare as i want a single cabin.

When the Vantage fares were introduced i got additional obc for the 3 cruises i had booked for this summer. However I don't think there have been any cases of Vantage fares being reduced since they were introduced.

i wonder what will happen when the summer '14 itineries are published? If the fares are at 'pre vantage' levels I can see many people waiting until P&O panic and introduce a new vantage fare.

For a cruise this september i originally booked last july my cabin grade is sold out today but the last published price was £19 higher than i originally paid. A cabin 2 grades higher is £28 more expensive but the obc offer is £40 more. In effect the price has gone down slightly but the extra obc does NOT trigger the vantage promise. There seems little incentive to book early in this case.

ps i can't get a getaway fare as i want a single cabin.

We need 3 berth cabins so generally we have had to book early and P&O screw us by not including 3 berths in the getaway fares. However, with the increased capacity with all cruise lines at Southampton, we can now wait and see what offers come about as there is plenty of spaces.

Hi,

I have booked a Vantage fare for September as four of us travel and like our cabins next to each other, I was under the impresion when I spoke to the P&O rep that Getaway fares would be really last minute within a few weeks of sailing, obviously this is not happening as there are Getaway fares onlne for a cruise in June 2013 4 months away!

Archived