Questions

KYBLUE

We are going on the Glory 10/1/05. On the Eastern my questions are. Which port do you need to take your BC or passport with you for customs if any. DH and I would to do a picnic in St Thomas on the beach is it possible to take sandwiches off the ship or easier to buy something on the beach.

We have not needed BC's or passports at all after we get our Carnival card. You use it to get off and on the ship. You don't go through customs at each port. I ususally take a copy of my BC and driver's license with me in the event of an emergency.

We have taken apples and oranges off the ship for the beach. I have seen others take sandwiches, but have not done it myself. It is always fun to try some of the local flavors. The best fish sandwich I ever had was in Barbados. It was a flying fish sandwich. Just think...I would have missed it if I had taken a ham and cheese from the Windjammer!

Enjoy your cruise! :)

If you visit a foreign port before St. Thomas (not sure what your itinerary is) then you will have to go through customs at St. Thomas but they will do this on board the ship before you disembark. When we were on the Pride 2 years ago we had to get up early that morning and get in line by the show lounge. They checked our BC's then we retuned them to the cabin. I think our hands were stamped after we were cleared so we could get off the ship. I don't know if they still do that.

If you go to Bahamas first you will need to clear customs in St thomas before you get off at this port.

St Thomas is one of the places that you are not allowed to take food off. CHeck oyur capers the night before. IF nothing is stated about food being allowed off..most ports will only allow prepackaged foods like the cereal. call room service the night before and keep it in a baggie in a cooler with ice.

KYBlue - Most of the islands/countries have rules banning food from being brought in, especially fruits and vegetables. You might see a whole table full of such items as you exit the ship, as Carnival does random checks of carry-off bags in certain ports, and those items will not be allowed off the ship - due to that port's regulations.

Usually the pre-packaged items such as boxed cereal, bags of chips, etc. are ok. Not a good idea to take sandwiches. Why not be adventurous and try some local food? That's part of the fun of travel to me, trying new things.:)

Archived