calling anyone who has cruised transatlanic

hevuk

Hi guys.I am booking The Epic transatlantic tomorrow{april 20th sailing}and I need to know wither port or starboard gets the most sun before I pick my cabin.Hope someone out there can help me:)

It would be helpful to provide the direction of the transatlantic.

Saying April 20th sailing isn't obvious. Going on the NCL website yields a Miami to Barcelona sailing.

For a ship sailing approximately W to E in the northern hemisphere, I would expect the starboard side of the ship to be illuminated more by sun than the port side.

It would be helpful to provide the direction of the transatlantic.

Saying April 20th sailing isn't obvious. Going on the NCL website yields a Miami to Barcelona sailing.

For a ship sailing approximately W to E in the northern hemisphere, I would expect the starboard side of the ship to be illuminated more by sun than the port side.

Great answer, GrassHopper'! ;)

Sorry,yes it is Miami to Barcelona.Its 3am here so I can blame tiredness on my not providing the correct information!

Thanks for answering my question.I would not be a happy camper if I booked a port side cabin and didnt get any sun:)

Hi guys.I am booking The Epic transatlantic tomorrow{april 20th sailing}and I need to know wither port or starboard gets the most sun before I pick my cabin.Hope someone out there can help me:)

Here's a thread that can help answer all your questions...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1565980&page=21

We did a NYC to the Artic Circle RT on the Queen Mary2. We were in a balcony on deck 4. We would never book a balcony on a Transatlantic again. We would have preferred the ocean view my sister had. Lots of fog, wind and rain on the Atlantic. We enjoyed the balcony during the Norwegian fjord portion of the cruise.

TA's are my favorite by far. Going from Fla. to London Port for me need to limit sun exposure. Venice to Fla. Starboard same reason. Didn't seem to matter when we went from Denmark to NYC several years ago. We do get the mini's regardless of not have much use on TA's because I like the door open for the freash air.

Good evening. Youre very lucky to be booked on EPIC TA. I have sailed 2 TAs on her and enjoyed the time away as well as the ship. Each trip was weatward, and I booked a Port side cabin. Starboard, the right side of the ship when looking at the front (bow), will offer you the best sun options. During April, the sun is still relatively low in the sky. You will not be disappointed. Have a wonderful trip. Please let know how this worked out.

Archived