What do you get on a 2 night cruise.

caber

Hi,

We are on Royal Princess 2 night pre maiden cruise on 9th June. The personaliser tells me we have one formal and one smart casual evenings.

What else do they do on a 2 night cruise? Does the Captain make his usual speech, champagne waterfall etc.?

This could be a special occasion with one formal night. Since it's a brand new ship, there might be a ceremony or something. Normally, both nights are casual with the usual 1st and 2nd night menus. At least that was the case on my Vancouver to SF cruise last September.

Yes, the formal night is unusual on a two-night cruise.

Like Pam, the only two-nighters we have taken were between SFO and YVR--all sea days so they had the normal sea-day activities. We enjoy the dance classes, stretch, Zumba and fitness classes, and dancing late into the night. They also had trivia, bingo, and all of the traditional day-time activities. In the evening they had a live production in the theater, IIRC.

We like to take the short cruises to test out a cruise line. That way if we really don't like a line (as happened on NCL) it doesn't last too long. ;)

we are in St Peter's port Guernsey for the day. I presume the formal will be the second night but who knows.

This is a good question.

First night everyone may not have their luggage in time.

Second night everyone has to pack.

Archived