birthday celebrations onboard Marina

lrcruising

My husband will be turning 50 on our cruise and was wondering if they do "anything" for birthday guests. Thanks.

Not quite sure what you have in mind....

There's little O can do, unless you advise them in advance, and specify what sort of recognition you are thinking of.

As Linda indicates, perhaps a cake would be appropriate and could be presented at dinner....

Don't forget the wonderful rendition of Happy Birthday sung by the wait staff! :D

We were at a table for six one night with a birthday girl and we pretty well polished off the small cake they served. By the way, it was absolutely delicious!

If you are on Marina or Riviera you could book Privee for the evening. You will have a most wonderful experience for 10 people. I did this for my birthday last summer on Riviera. The cost is nominal.

+1 for that idea!

162323.jpg

Stan and I have both celebrated milestone birthdays in Privée.

I book ahead, get onto the ship with pre-printed invitations, AND make a lovely, elegant dinner party out of it.

By the way, they do a stunning Birthday Cake! This one for MY Fiftieth, was gold leafed-

214816.jpg

lp.aspx?alt_doc_id=30037-8A808-6L6&hash=ac3cbf&width=402

You can, but I think you will pay just as much as if you were 8.

If that is no matter to you, then go for it.

You could also consider doing La Reserve (although it won't be private for just you 4.)

If you're in a big suite you can celebrate in your suite ... An OC or above (maybe even a PH) would have room for such a private meal, and then you can order form whatever restaurant you wish.

Or you could just do a table for 4 in one of the specialty dining rooms.

There ARE lots of choices!

We happened to have an absolutely delightful dinner on one cruise, three couples who didn't know each other, but one was having a birthday. It turned out that we were all musicians of one sort or another (classical), so we had a lot in common. That was one of the best dinners we've ever had and it was in the GDR. The birthday girl had a gorgeous cake (I think I mentioned this up above.)

But if you really just want to be the four of you, you do not have to book Privee for yourselves. (I think that's $250pp based on 8 people ... I haven't done it so I don't know for sure that such is the case.)

If you have a butler, talk to him when you board and see what he suggests.

Mura

Privee is $250 for the room for the evening. You can have up to 10 people total and each can have dinner selections from Polo or Toscana, mix and match. They will make a wonderful party for just 4 if you want but why not invite people you meet on the ship and get friendly with? That's what I did for my birthday last summer and I just returned from a Caribbean on Riviera and had another party in Privee. There were just 2 of us and we invited new friends we met during the cruise. Fabulous party and Privee is is still as as good as ever with a private butler and wait staff. that will do just about anything you want. Book it on line in advance for the day you want.

Archived