Enchantment Freestyle Machines

Mykitteh

Currently sailing on Enchantment of the Seas.....they've installed and hooked up two Freestyle machines outside the Windjammer....one inside and one on deck 6 outside the Ben & Jerry's/Starbucks on Deck 6.

Hope to see them turned on for use tomorrow :)

Currently sailing on Enchantment of the Seas.....they've installed and hooked up two Freestyle machines outside the Windjammer....one inside and one on deck 6 outside the Ben & Jerry's/Starbucks on Deck 6.

Yeah, let us know when they hook up. The I will buy my kids the soda package before our March 9. sailing;)

On Enchantment in May when it switches to the Bahamas itinerary! Please explain to me how this "Freestyle" soda machine is designed to work?

It is only in use for those with the 'Soda Package'. They will give you a reusable Coca-Cola Souvenier cup with an RFID chip in the bottom. You scan your chip at the machine and it activates it, or 'turns it on', if you will... From there, you can choose from over 100 different soda flavors. It will only allow you to refill once every 15 minutes from any machine, the computer is linked to your account so it knows how often you have gotten a drink.

This lessens the need to go to the bar everytime you want a soda and gives more flexibility as to variety. If you do go to the bar to get a soda, just show your seapass with your sticker. They don't limit the number of times you can go to the bar and get a drink, just the number of times in an hour to use the Freestyle machines so you're not 'sharing' it...

YAY!!!! I so hope they will be in use this weekend when we sail, my kids are going to be over the moon!!!!:D

Does anyone know up to what point can one get a soda package. I know you can get on ship, but I want to buy online before the cruise. Is it up to 2 weeks priior to sailing?

Does anyone know up to what point can one get a soda package. I know you can get on ship, but I want to buy online before the cruise. Is it up to 2 weeks priior to sailing?

Bookings for the soda package should be open a couple of months before the cruise.

The cut off is @3 days prior... after that, all pre-cruise bookings are closed.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Freestyle machines get turned on?

Woohoo!!!!! This is me doing my happy dance! We sail in 27 days, but I was waiting to buy the soda package until I heard they were up and running. Now with my luck, something will go wrong with the machines... like they run out of my lime syrup... ;-)

Thanks for reporting this!

Very curious about these machines. Never heard of them before reading about them here. Not really much of a soda drinker but I bought the soda package just so I can try them out and see what the big hype is.

I bought if for the kids prior to the cruise and 2 days into the cruise for myself.

Besides soda it offers flavored water and powerade which is what made me buy it. For us it wasn't about drinking all the soda you could, it was about the convenience of getting what you wanted, when you wanted it without worrying about how much you were spending. Totally worth getting.

Had a few hiccups with the machines such as being out of ice, and closed doing self "routine maintenance". Not a lot of machines on Enchantment, would of like a few more locations but not a huge deal.

Archived