Carnival Magic

cjefffg24

Our ports were Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel. I did do the internet, high speed for $99. Only had trouble a few times, but fairly fast considering we were on a boat in the middle of the ocean. I believe the Candy Shop or there is a place for ice cream and stuff in the Ocean Plaza, deck 5 for the strawberries. We tried the italian place for lunch on Sunday when we boarded and that was our worse meal of the trip. I gained 5 pounds during the trip, so I would say the food was good. MDR was amazing as always!

What did you guys do in Jamaica? This will be the first time that we will have sailed to Jamaica and will have our 2 y.o. granddaughter with us. So don't plan to do anything to spectacular but Son and DIL to be will also be cruising :)

What did you think of the new pizza they are serving and what was your favorite if you liked any of it? Also did they do away with the calzones?? that was always my favorite

We were on the magic the week before and we did not care for the pizza at all. and No calzones.

They do not have any sausage pizza either.

What did you guys do in Jamaica? This will be the first time that we will have sailed to Jamaica and will have our 2 y.o. granddaughter with us. So don't plan to do anything to spectacular but Son and DIL to be will also be cruising :)

We were on the Magic June 2012 and my daugther was 18 months then (also went with my 5 year old son). We did the Hop On and Off Shuttle. It is around $15 a person and takes you to various points (Doctor's Cave beach, Rose Shops, etc.). We went to Doctor's Cave beach and my children LOVED it, especially my daughter. Rose Shops was boring and I wouldn't do that again because items were too expensive. We also went to Margaritaville...not a kids place, but my kids like loud music and a party-like atmosphere I guess because they loved it! (Wouldn't reccomend though to others because it can get wild). We are going back this May and plan on doing the 4x4 excursion and just leaving the kids on the boat at Camp Carnival if we can because other than the beaches, Jamaica isn't really for kids.

I just remember two movies. My husband and son went and watched Men in Black and the kids and I watched Harry Potter. They did show a classic but I can't remember the name. As for the food, I don't remember a hot dog or BBQ stand (may have missed it though and need to find it when we go again in May lol), but we did eat at the Italian Restaurant for free once at lunch. It was ok, nothing spectacular, but it was nice that it was free!:)

We just got off of the Magic on Sunday also. We had an amazing time! There were 8 of us and we had not one complaint.

The food in the MDR was very good. We ate in the steakhouse one night and it was very good also, but just too much food! The formal nights were Monday and Thursday(Grand Cayman).

We all enjoyed hanging out in the Red Frog Pub playing dominoes, cornhole & shuffleboard.

Strawberries are at the coffee/ice cream place that is on Deck 5 in the middle in the Ocean Plaza. They host karoake there in the afternoons and it is usually packed. There were many good singers on board.

We haven't been on the Magic yet but have been doing extensive research for our upcoming trip. I believe the hot dog stand is on the sports deck and the BBQ is done on sea days from deck 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is correct. They do have hotdogs everyday for lunch by the pool also. My husband got a slider fromt the seaside bbq one day and he said it was very good. Just the right size.

What night for the second formal dinner?

Curious to know what singers were being portrayed for the Legends show.

Monday and Thursday were our formal nights.

Didn't make it to the Legends show, however, I did see M. Monroe, Elvis and Michael Jackson, and maybe Tina Turner.

Did you do the Comedy Brunch? How was it? What time did you go?

Did you enjoy your cruise? I'm doing the same itinerary this coming Sunday.

We did have brunch in the main dining room, and the food was very good. We did not go to the Comedy Brunch though. I think it opened around 9am, always a line to get in too.

Yes, enjoyed the cruise very much and ready to book again! Have a wonderful time!

What did you think of the new pizza they are serving and what was your favorite if you liked any of it? Also did they do away with the calzones?? that was always my favorite

I hate to admit it, but I did not go to the pizza place, so can't respond to this answer, but maybe someone else can.

Can you tell me the movies they were showing? Also if I understand correctly, there is a hot dog stand, BBQ place, burrito place, around the LIDO deck? Also can you eat free for lunch at the italian pasta place? TIA

The movies included: Mission Impossible, Monster, Inc., P.S. I Love you, I don't know how she does it, Captian America, Iron Man 2.

Yes a Hot Dog stand by the basketball court/sports area. BBQ place was on Deck 5, Ocean Plaza. AMAZING sliders (wish I would have found this place earlier). Never tried the burrito place, but it was always busy. I did head out on the Lido deck all the way to the front where they had a deli, that was very good also. Yes, lunch was free at the italian/pasta place, but in my opinion, that was the worst meal of the trip. Our pasta was undercooked, and just wasn't what I was expecting.

We just got off of the Magic on Sunday also. We had an amazing time! There were 8 of us and we had not one complaint.

The food in the MDR was very good. We ate in the steakhouse one night and it was very good also, but just too much food! The formal nights were Monday and Thursday(Grand Cayman).

How formal was the dress on the formal nights in the MDR? We are sailing in August for the first time on Carnival with family (DD, DSL, DGD) that have never cruised and they have asked.

So glad you had a great cruise and thanks in advance for the help,

Bookfinder

We just returned from this cruise also. It was an excellent cruise. 1st time on Magic but several cruises under our belt. Yes Hot dog, bar b q, burritos, mongolian wok and pizza... also a salad bar inside by ocean plaza that was good. The mdr had a great selection and other than a pasta dish - everything was cooked perfectly - to our liking and we are picky.

The ledgends show was not very good - only a couple were good singers - it was pretty bad. The illusionist show was fabulous. Simple Friends band was super along with the duo in the lobby - Comedy brunch was really good - make your own bloody mary bar - the comedy part is about 5 mins of jokes on the hour. Steak and Eggs, Eggs benedict, and more....

Not a fan of the pizza - too greasy ....

Crew were very accomodating and ship is very well cared for.

We had spa balcony - the spa is great.

Serenity deck is nicely furnished - a little noisy with the a/c Units up front. Best spot is on rear of deck 9, 10, 11 really quiet and great chairs/ottomans ...

Weather was perfect at all ports...

will try to answer your questions

Archived