MSC preziosa New ship drinks package

feeor

Hi all,

Anyone booked on this new ship yet. It's first sailing is in march. I have come accross a fantastic offer for may. This will be our second cruise. Last year we went we rci and loved it. I have been doing a little searching around and see that msc have good drinks packages. I felt packages available on rci were poor & very expensieve. I've been reading about the allegrissmo drinks package but have also read it may not be available on some ships. Can anyone clarify?

I'd love to hear from anyone booked on this cruise.

Hi

I have also booked to go on the Preziosa...7th June from Barcelona. I have booked the drinks package which I think is excellent value..half of what we paid on the RCL last year which mind you we still got our value for money. If I am right if you have booked through a TA you have to ring them and ask them to add on the package which they have to contact msc to do this( maybe different for me as I booked through an Irish online TA) but if you have booked directly with MSC I think you can do it via their website. Hope this helps..but it is definitely offered on the Preziosa.

hi there, thanks for your reply. Booked direct with msc so probs book it when paying balance unless can be advised different.If book and pay in advance is the 15% still charged if anyone knows all help will be welcome as this is 1st time cruise so a complete novice:)

hi there, thanks for your reply. Booked direct with msc so probs book it when paying balance unless can be advised different.If book and pay in advance is the 15% still charged if anyone knows all help will be welcome as this is 1st time cruise so a complete novice:)

No they don't add 5% when you book and pay in advance

AmoMondo

I was wondering if you could answer me something as I see you have cruised alot with MSC. As i have posted above I booked allegrissimo package through the TA...amount has been paid to them. I was just wondering when I go into the MSC website to do the check in should I see that it has been added because I cant see anywhere that it says it is..I just see cabin no etc and date of travel etc and status booked. I do have an invoice from the TA showing it is added. Any help in the matter would be grateful.

Thanks

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine,

I have not booked anything yet but from speaking to travel agents it seems that you have to phone up & book package with them first alright. I'm not sure about when it updates on website. I too am fairly new to cruising and and also did our first cruise last year with rci & loved it. Drinks package def attracted me to msc. I felt that packages available were very poor on rci and expensive. I hope to get something booked over the next few days. Trying to work with the timings of the flights is driving me crazy.

Feeor

Does your cruise leave Barcelona .. Ours does.. We booked flights with aer lingus from Dublin going out and with easyjet coming back into Belfast .. We're just over the border so not much difference with airports.. Times suited as we didn't want to stay over in Barcelona as been there a few times.. Hope you get something sorted

Geraldine

AmoMondo

I was wondering if you could answer me something as I see you have cruised alot with MSC. As i have posted above I booked allegrissimo package through the TA...amount has been paid to them. I was just wondering when I go into the MSC website to do the check in should I see that it has been added because I cant see anywhere that it says it is..I just see cabin no etc and date of travel etc and status booked. I do have an invoice from the TA showing it is added. Any help in the matter would be grateful.

Thanks

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine,

You won't see it on the web checkin, they don't show any extras there. The main thing for now is they it is on your invoice. When you receive your etickets it should also detailed there under special services.

• 2 months later...

we booked through the MSC french web site, sailing out of Marseille on May 11th, just seen on the website that prices for this cruise are now half what we paid (in full!) a month ago; still received no e-ticket despite filling in all info requested... give it another week.

Also have provisionally booked - but not paid for as this is not an option on the French web site - the Allegrissimo package. WIll we then have the 15% service charge added at the end of the trip?

Looking forward to it, but seeing the big drop in price has left a little sour taste in the mouth...:mad:

We have booked the package for both of our cruises this year, the June Opera cruise does not show the package booked via our travel agent but the November Divina cruise shows the ones we booked via the MSC website for that cruise.

We are booked to start in Naples 20 May, and have also booked the allegrisimo drinks package. I think it was about £21 a day, and my friend and I decided that this would reduce our cocktails bill by at least half! :D

And you may as well have a few ice creams to get your money's worth

I sailed on Divina last October with the 3 women in my life (Mother, Wife, Daughter) & have to say the Drinks package is fantastic. The girls are not what you would call "drinkers" (although I can knock back a few...), but we kept all receipts out of interest. End of cruise tally-up was more than double what we paid. Also, no 15% surcharge.

Booked on Preziosa for this September with same package. :)

We ended up booking this package. I think it will be really good value plus we won't have that bill at the end. Really looking forward to going now we depart on 23rd May. Have lots more queries re the dining and the formal nights.

We are down for the late seating but not sure what time that is plus we would really like to have a table for the 2 of us but not sure how we go about requesting this. Anyone know?

The formal nights how formal are they. I believe MSC formal nights are not as formal as RCI.

We ended up booking this package. I think it will be really good value plus we won't have that bill at the end. Really looking forward to going now we depart on 23rd May. Have lots more queries re the dining and the formal nights.

We are down for the late seating but not sure what time that is plus we would really like to have a table for the 2 of us but not sure how we go about requesting this. Anyone know?

The formal nights how formal are they. I believe MSC formal nights are not as formal as RCI.

Late is anything from 8.45 to 9.15 start time usually on Europen sailings, so fairly late compared to Britsiah and Irish norms but early by Spanish!

You can't book a table for 2, just express a preference for one. First it through whoever you made the booking with MSC or your TA. Tables for 2 are relatively few compared to the rest of the table sizes on most ofnthe ship's, so you need to make them aware tou want this before they make the allocation. Whilst you can go and see the Maitre D' when you get onboard to change sitting or table allocation, he can only make adjustments based on what is remaining. They tend to give preference to people on their honeymoon or special anniversaries when it comes ro tables for 2.

Sorry can't comment on how formal compared to RCCL personally. A small percentage of passengers will be verynformal, a few not make the slightest effort and the majority somewhere in between

Thanks for all the info. One of the main reasons we would like a table for 2 is that my husband is type 1 diabetic. He would not be comfortable doing his injection at a table with strangers. I know our travel agent last year requested a table for 2 with rci based on this and that's what we got. Hopefully we can get the same this year.

Does everyone have to have the package if they are sharing the cabin? One would be underage (15).

Yes if your are talking about the All Inclusive type packages (Allegrissimo) or unlimited (Cheers). There are cheaper versions for children.

Yes if your are talking about the All Inclusive type packages (Allegrissimo) or unlimited (Cheers). There are cheaper versions for children.

I assume the legal drinking age is 21, correct? Or would it be 18?

It says it includes food from Room service menu. Just that makes it a great deal for us. Unless the items a small and simple. Does anyone have an experience from this menu?

Archived