Help Anyone cruise Sept/Oct?

gordylad

Just cant make up our minds whether to do a Celebrity Reflection sailing from Rome on 9th Sept - this is the 11 night Istanbul stopover or the Celebrity Equinox on 8th Oct from Barcelona - this is the Venice stopover.

Both look good, but we like a good bit of sunshine so concerned about Oct.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

G

Just cant make up our minds whether to do a Celebrity Reflection sailing from Rome on 9th Sept - this is the 11 night Istanbul stopover or the Celebrity Equinox on 8th Oct from Barcelona - this is the Venice stopover.Both look good, but we like a good bit of sunshine so concerned about Oct.Any help appreciatedThanks G

We did Barcelona to Barcelona for Christmas/New Years on Serenade. I guess we were fortunate, but we had great weather. We had only one day with rain, mild temperatures, and a lot less crowds. :)

We did a cruise out of Barcelona end September beginning October. We did the overnight in Venice trip. The weather was great. There was a couple hours of rain as we left Venice and it was cloudy, but warm, when we stopped in Kotor. The rest of the time it was high 70's (26 C) and sunshine.

If you look at my signature you'll see that ALL my cruises have been the first week of October in Europe. Each year started off hot (80s-90s) and typically ended in the 60s I'd say.

I love going that time of year, and hope to do so forever :-)

You can't go wrong with either ship, honestly.

I think you should look moreso at the ports here - which cruise has more ports that you're wanting to see?

I'll add that it was my Rome origin cruises that started off the warmest. We were in shorts on land pre-cruise in October. Ending in Barcelona - we did need jackets and even gloves.

Last years cruise was my coldest, out of Amsterdam, but that's much farther north than you'll be. We ended in Barcelona. Last year was extremely rainy, rained like 11 our of our 14 days of vacation. That was again, not the "med" though. When we ended in Barcelona (10/21) the weather was on the cool side - but not uncomfortable.

Have done both ports in the as tear.

The sail in/away frm Venice is amazing. Don't miss it and Venice is a lovely city to explore. However, it can be very crowded in the peak months.

Istanbul, we did 2 days and loved it!!! We did it all on our own, using the tram and was able to get out before the big tours and saved loads.

Can't wait to go back to both ports again

I love both ports, but Istanbul wins for me. It is an absolutely amazing city filled with so much history- Byzantine, Ottoman, Roman, Christian, Muslim. It's all there and it is all awesome.

Weather, imho, is variable. Lucky those who have traveled in late fall and early winter and enjoyed beautiful temps. I'm not as lucky that way. I had to buy gloves in Istanbul in mid-October. Didn't matter. It was still a fabulous trip. I guess I am suggesting you pick your trip by preferred itinerary- not be the weather. Because you never know what you'll get weather-wise.

Archived