Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but this isn't the news story of the century and 299 million US peeps could probably care less about this story of haven't paid much attention to it. This isn't a national disaster' date=' the ship didn't sink, passengers haven't died. By Sunday all of this will be history and the only people who will give it a second thought are a few people who thrive in a world full of chaos and a couple of others who can't decide if they want to cruise.

Sure, those on CC are lapping up every moment. Biggest thing to happen on these threads for quite sometime....much more interesting than elegant night, or smuggling booze, or the endless debates on the same tired subjects.

Want to test my theory....who was the Republican that spoke after Obama gave his speech, what breed of dog won Westminster, what is the full name of the x-cop killed at what mountain resort. Who won the grammy for best song, in what state was the kid held hostage by the survivalist. What was the final total of snow for Boston last week, what are the names of the coaches at the Super Bowl, where are Kate and William vacationing? Have fun![/quote']

^^^^ Like button.

Trivia answers:

Marco, the waterboy (no Gunga Din, he).

A Peke (Mao's revenge?)

Kevin Dornier (in a T shirt that said "Burn in Hell")

Fun (should be on one of the "Fun Ships" as a live band:D)

LA (lower alabama)

24 inches (but over 40" at Irish Linny's:eek:)

Harbough and Harbough (now on Family Feud)

Who the %#*@ cares:D:D

Brenna's Mom1, I can also answer every one of your questions (without the benefit of Google, even), including filling in the missing one above (Banana Joe, an affenpinscher) won at Westminster.

Just wanted to say, with the exception of Dorner and the abducted child, none of those things are all that compelling. A couple of thousand people stuck on a health-hazzard cruise ship is a bit more compelling, and past cruise ship crisis have proven to have long-lasting affects on the perception of the industry (remember that one thing? Concordia? Yeah, I'll bet you do!).

This does nothing good for perspective cruisers, who are the future of the industry. Those who cruise often are stoic enough to know these things happen, but newbies aren't.

If you really put yourself in the place of those currently on board, I'm guessing this wouldn't just be a baby bump in a bikini to you, either.

Who in their right mind would ever consider a Carnival cruise again?

Look at this live coverage on CNN -- absolutely horrendous. It's always a Carnival ship or Carnival-owned ship that's having issues.

I'll stick with Royal. They know their stuff.

They know about fires too. Don't you remember the fire on Allure?

If I was on that ship with that CNN helicopter zooming in on me, I'd flip them off. I feel so bad for those poor people on the ship. MEDIA...leave them the F.... alone.

Really, J and J? You'd rather not see what the ship looks like and hear first hand from the passengers about conditions on board. I guess you could just rely on the statements coming from Carnival Cruise Line.

Tom.

They know about fires too. Don't you remember the fire on Allure?

Haven't RCCL not crashed one of their ships into a Carnival one (sure it was the Legend) in the Caribbean somewhere. Or was it the other way around? There is a video of it on YouTube.

Glad to see CPB able to take care of the immigration process aboard the ship so as not to delay longer than needed getting off the ship once they are at the dock.

That was the Air and Marine branch within CBP that jumped on board. They may still need to see CBP on land when they get off.

Agree on learning past lessons. Have to disagree on covering up.

Carnival gets a huge FAIL in media communications. They apparently have no one dedicated to making sure the media is kept up-to-date.

Even a BIGGER FAIL in ship maintenance. They must have a VP Maintenance, do you think he/she will be fired ?

there is an interview with a passenger (via a phone call from this am (not sure what time) on MSNBC. She describes people getting sick, a little girl having a breathing treatment in a pool of water, eating tomato sandwiches, no working toilets (her toilet only worked for one hour), etc. Did anyone hear the interview?

Archived