Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

People seem to be getting off the ship pretty quickly, yet the news still says it will take up to 5 hours :confused: Somehow I doubt that but I guess we'll see.

3,000 pax + luggage and AFAIK still only 1 elevator working so it will take time, at least a few hours.

At least CBP pre-cleared everyone thru customs onboard.

With what this whole thing has/will cost Carnival I really dont think they are all that worried about bathrobes walking off the ship.

people coming off and doing interviews said the robes were "complimentary"... given to them by CCL. Obviously CCL isn't going to make an issue out of a measly bathrobe after what these people have gone through.

So very sick CNN...IMO they were cutting pax off when all they had to say we're they tried to stay positive, the crew did the best they could, yada yada yada...they were only looking for those couple of folks to focus on how horrible it has been, which I don't deny one bit...but, come on already...the people are really just excited to have contacts with anyone on the outside...I'm sure they ALL have a lot to say, and personally, CNN just needs to let them say it!

So glad they made to port safely, my prayers go to all onboard!!

My friend is still onboard and I've been in contact with her since its become possible to them...I've heard the good, bad, and downright ugly...she jokingly stated to me that my souvenir is a Red Bio Bag...I think she's serious tho...:O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

people coming off and doing interviews said the robes were "complimentary"... given to them by CCL. Obviously CCL isn't going to make an issue out of a measly bathrobe after what these people have gone through.

I heard him say that right as I hit the submit reply button. :)

To those asking about the investigation and to educate those who don't know about U.S. jurisdiction, the USCG boarded Triumph with CBP and began the initial stages of the investigation. Just like with Splendor, 18USC7 gives the USCG full jurisdiction over this ship due to their itinerary beginning or ending in the U.S., in this case, both. In time, a full USCG marine casualty report will be released by the USCG.

OK---How many of you people posting here were hired by Carnival? It sure looks that way. Be honest.

my guess - zero

CC has a wide range of posters who span the spectrum of opinion... but if there's any hired shills I haven't seen them.

So very sick CNN...IMO they were cutting pax off when all they had to say we're they tried to stay positive' date=' the crew did the best they could, yada yada yada...they were only looking for those couple of folks to focus on how horrible it has been, which I don't deny one bit...but, come on already...the people are really just excited to have contacts with anyone on the outside...I'm sure they ALL have a lot to say, and personally, CNN just needs to let them say it!

So glad they made to port safely, my prayers go to all onboard!!

My friend is still onboard and I've been in contact with her since its become possible to them...I've heard the good, bad, and downright ugly...she jokingly stated to me that my souvenir is a Red Bio Bag...I think she's serious tho...:O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote']

Oh, she's serious. People were waving them on the balconies, and this woman used one as sash to tie her decorated robe closed.

article-2278616-1796A0C1000005DC-636_634x833_zpsf880474f.jpg

my guess - zero

CC has a wide range of posters who span the spectrum of opinion... but if there's any hired shills I haven't seen them.

True but companies do hire people to manage their message in social media so it would not surprise me that some comments made on this board are by members of Carnival's social media mgmt staff incognito

Archived