cat 1A

pinkie

Can anyone tell me about the 1a cabins on the Triumph. It looks like we will have one bed and a sleeper sofa. Anyone slept on the sofa? Is it comfy?

It depends on the cabin number, some have two twin beds, that can be pushed together and a porthole,Two have a picture window. What cabin numbers are you looking at?

1A cabins vary. Some have twin beds. Some have twin beds and a pulldown bed. Some have twin beds and a sofabed. A very few have a porthole, but most are inside cabins.

I don't know what the above means by "Two have a picture window."

Can anyone tell me about the 1a cabins on the Triumph. It looks like we will have one bed and a sleeper sofa. Anyone slept on the sofa? Is it comfy?

Can't say for cat 1A cabin but the balcony cabins we had on deck 7 and deck 8 have love seats instead of sofas. Only a small child could comfortably sleep on them. They did not make out into a bed. The arms were removable and then they brought linens to make a bed on the "seat". The width of the "bed" would have been whatever the width of the seat was. I don't know if the Truimph has regular sized sofas in other cabins or not but the smaller sofa/loveseat is what I consistently saw in cabins categorized less than a suite. Maybe someone else on this board will have more experience with this and be able to tell us.

On Destiny,Triumph and Conquest class ships there are (2)1A cabins that have a picture window just like 6A cabins. They usually sell out quickly,you basically get a 6a cabin for a 1a price.

We are in Cabin #2216. The TA said it is the same as a better cat for much cheaper. I'm trying to find the catch. my booking says we have 1 lower/1 sofa-T. Not sure what this means. Any insight would be great.

Pinkie, looking at the diagram of the Triumph, looks like you have a cabin with 2 twin beds and a sofa...and 2 portholes. That's good!

I have enjoyed my two cabins I've had that were at the front of the ship. (I've had E-1 and M-6 on other ships.) Nice and quiet in that area, as there's very little hall traffic.:)

1A cabins vary. Some have twin beds. Some have twin beds and a pulldown bed. Some have twin beds and a sofabed. A very few have a porthole, but most are inside cabins.

I was in Cabin 2444 on my last Triumph cruise and I had two huge windows (not portholes). Cabin 2444 was one of two 1A cabins with windows. It was great for singles or two "young" people traveling together but I wouldn't recommend it for a couple. It had one single bed and another that pulled out of the ceiling (never saw it open because I was traveling solo). There was also a sofa which did not make into a bed. I'll be on the Liberty next April in the same type cabin but instead of having the second bed coming out of the ceiling . . . the sofa pulls out to make the second bed. I loved this cabin . . . :p

#2216 on the Triumph has 1 twin, not 2, and a sofa. There's no "catch" per se, it's cheaper than the others because the beds don't convert to a king. 1 person sleeps in the twin and the other sleeps on the sofa. So as long as you're traveling with someone that you hadn't planned on sharing a bed with, you're all set! It's like a free upgrade to an oceanview, sounds like.

• 3 weeks later...

I've always booked this kind of cabin when I've sailed Carnival; on Victory, Triumph, Glory and next April on the transatlantic on Liberty. It is a terrific deal, especially for singles since it's the only category where you don't pay the full double price. The sofa is a full sized sofa and converts into a bed. The arms slide off and the mattress flips around but all that magic is handled by the steward/ess. The cabin is nice sized, only slighly smaller than the 6A outsides. This is because the ship narrows towards the bow and you'll see this on the outside wall. As an "outside" you get bathrobes which I believe inside cabins do not get. So the only drawback is not being able to have 1 king bed in the cabin.

Check out this virtual tour. I went to the Carnival book to make sure that you still have the double portholes and sofa on the Triump, and you do. This link is the Glory, but it is the same 2216 room, in the same position on the ship. I hope you can pull this up. It will be exactly like this: enjoy :)

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/carnivalglory/ulstateroom.htm

I have a 1a window booked for the Valo next summer. I got two 1a port hole rooms on the Victory last Xmas- you can see them on the CCl commercial that is still being played. They are at the very front of the ship, the first being smaller than the second. The price was incredible ($550 per person and it was a Xmas cruise!) and the porhole was enough to keep us from getting claustrophobic. Curiously, the first cabin has a plague that askes to keep the curtain closed at night to aide navigation.

Thanks so much for the info. Looks like I will be just fine. I would have slept on the floor just to be on a cruise so really anything will be just great. Thanks again for the responses.

I was in Cabin 2444 on my last Triumph cruise and I had two huge windows (not portholes). Cabin 2444 was one of two 1A cabins with windows. It was great for singles or two "young" people traveling together but I wouldn't recommend it for a couple. It had one single bed and another that pulled out of the ceiling (never saw it open because I was traveling solo). There was also a sofa which did not make into a bed. I'll be on the Liberty next April in the same type cabin but instead of having the second bed coming out of the ceiling . . . the sofa pulls out to make the second bed. I loved this cabin . . . :p

Did you take any pics of your cabin?

Carnival uses generic pics for 1a cabins. They use the same 1a pic for every ship in the fleet.

So I guess my question is whether there are bunk beds on the Triumph or a mixture of various bed configurations that do not include bunk beds???

So I guess my question is whether there are bunk beds on the Triumph or a mixture of various bed configurations that do not include bunk beds???

I believe that some of the inside 1A's on the higher decks may have a twin bed with a bunk but I'm not sure since I only take the outsides with portholes. But the ones I take have a special symbol on the deck plan indicating that it's a twin with sofabed. The insides have no special symbols.

You can call Carnival and request details on specific cabins on specific ships. They can give you detailed info on exact cabins, like the bed configurations on the different kinds of 1As.

I have booked both of those 1A with windows on the Glory. One for my husband and son (8), one for my daughter (10) and me. Can't wait! :D

Sorry for the previous post.

We were on the Triumph and friends of ours had cabins 2216 & 2217 and they were not bad with one twin and a couch that converted to a bed plus 2 portholes.

We are thinking of going on the Victory. Does Cruise Pup or anyone else know if 2216 & 2217 would be the same with 2 beds on the floor?

Thanks for any info.

Sorry for the previous post.

We were on the Triumph and friends of ours had cabins 2216 & 2217 and they were not bad with one twin and a couch that converted to a bed plus 2 portholes.

We are thinking of going on the Victory. Does Cruise Pup or anyone else know if 2216 & 2217 would be the same with 2 beds on the floor?

Thanks for any info.

The cabins are exactly the same on Triumph and Victory. So it's one twin bed and one sofa that converts to your second bed, so I guess it's 2 beds on the foor (no bunks).

Archived